Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So over the past 16 months, I've gotten so much information and guidance off this forum and noticed the one common issue was, "WHERE ARE THE PICTURES".
So I wanted to post some of my pre and post pictures of my project and say thanks again for everyone's technical help and general feedback.
It's getting close, but there are still a few mechanical and cosmetics to deal with, but its now a driver...
I decided to keep the Quad front spoiler that one of the PO's tried painfully to install, but I got it cleaned up along with the side and rear skirt and I hope to have given it some of her glory back.
Les

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Looks great. I'd hate to guess how many tubs of elbow grease went into it.:thumbup:

·
Registered
126 Posts
My Twin! Given how far gone that paint was I'm guessing yours had at least a re spray? It's hard to tell from my pic but it's the Nero metallic and I'm thinking yours is as well. Congrats on the hard work! Looks great!

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice and a twin it certainly is ... It absolutely was a total re-spray and it is Nero Metallic as well or that's what I told the body shop so to the best of my knowledge it is :)

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There was some horse trading involved and I did all the fiber glass repair on the chin spoiler, sanded and prepped the front spoiler and side skirts and the rear spoiler and I removed absolutely everything possible before it went in for paint and I put out 3k. Based on the total work I suppose it would be 5k.
It's hard to tell, but I also removed the foam rear spoiler and replaced it with a newer hard plastic version with the 3rd light and had everything possible painted one color.
I rewired the trunk contacts to work the brake light to keep it clean.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Do you mind me asking what a re spray runs? It's getting closer to the top of my list as well.
Mine was $3.5K, but they also replaced the rockers ( rust!) and did a lot of panel work including a front air dam. I'm well pleased, Cecila looks like a new car.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Just chipping in here on respray costs. I had mine done by a professional plumber/part time painter. I had to do the disassembly and reassembly and had to put up with a lot of delays. We decided jointly to respray in catalitic enamel because it can be sanded down and buffed out after spraying so as to get rid of the orange peel and runs and other mistakes. He put 5 coats of paint on the car to provide ample paint to work with in the buffing process. But my cost was $1,650 plus another approx $300.00 in misc expenses.

After the respray I stored the car and all its parts for 90 days to let the paint cure before starting the buffing process.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts