Alfa Romeo Forums banner

841 - 860 of 904 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Fantastic man very nice collection of the car's model and its my pleasure to have this thread because i see some new models of the cars which i didn't see before.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
They never sold that one in the US! Wow! :p

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
My '78 Sporty still looks a bit rough though amazingly un-rusted. However that will change soon. Right after Dr. Engr. Riley gets through building her new engine with a bit of help from his old pal D. Marvin. Megacycle 11mm cams, Motronic pistons, Hastings or Perfect Seal rings, Head and ports massaged by the aforementioned Mr. Marvin, oh, and a Spica pump built to suit by our dear friend Wes. Maybe open up the throttles a bit and maybe some headers, although neither of those are probably necessary. Problem with opening up the throttles is that the elegant Spica air box's trumpets are only 37mm, so unless one wants to replace the air box with who knows what, what would be the point?

Anyway, after all that is done, she goes to the tailor for a new suit!

Then, finally, and back on topic, pics!

·
Registered
221 Posts
This is my 1978 Alfetta GTV. It is uncommon color "grigio indaco" with interior orange velvet.

jarod

Question for Jarod (or perhaps someone else knows).... first of all, I absolutely love your Alfetta. Great colors, both inside and out, and those wheels too.

What kind of wheels are those?

And also, is that the original paint? I ask because it's grey AND black on the bottom. Mine is also two-toned (ivory and brown on the bottom), and I had never seen another with two different colors like that. What does the back look like? Is it black around the tail lights or grey? The brown on mine surrounds the tail lights as well, and I've always wondered if that was a custom paint job or just an uncommon option.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Yes Avario, what is the interior? and what is seat color combos?

thank you for sharing,

ncng
She has a black cloth GTV-6 interior with avorio pin stripes (thanks Uomo Tigre, I don't take it as snarky, I appreciate it as I'd rather be correct than ignorant :) Ncng here are some pictures taken a few years ago during her restoration. I drive her regularly, and other than a few changes and a bit of minor wear and tear since, she looks basically the same today.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Question for Jarod (or perhaps someone else knows).... first of all, I absolutely love your Alfetta. Great colors, both inside and out, and those wheels too.

What kind of wheels are those?

And also, is that the original paint? I ask because it's grey AND black on the bottom. Mine is also two-toned (ivory and brown on the bottom), and I had never seen another with two different colors like that. What does the back look like? Is it black around the tail lights or grey? The brown on mine surrounds the tail lights as well, and I've always wondered if that was a custom paint job or just an uncommon option.

Thanks.
The wheels are STILAUTO 6x14. The grey paint is original but the black on the bottom was add by the previous owner. My car need a paint job and will be entirely grey.

Jarod

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
blew a headgasket I believe, then sat in a shed and got forgotten about it would appear. I've been the custodian for about a year or so now. It's freaky, the dash gauges are so bright, the orange on the redline section is like new. It made me realise mow much my other alfettas had faded! No idea whihc way to go with it at present.

Not sure of my plans for it yet, but it's in sensational original condition, but the usual seized brakes, rats chewed through coolant hoses, and it does have a rather unpleasant rat piss smell. Just cool to have in the shed for now.

841 - 860 of 904 Posts