Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Let's face it Alfa's look like they're doing 100 when they're sitting still:scared:

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
He'd lose his job posing for a picture like that here.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, he sure did like my Spider. Police are reasonable around here, to protect and serve. They actually know whos who and how to keep the riff raff out of town. They do a super job in our town. But now he knows I don't have a super fast car!

·
Registered
549 Posts
Maybe not SUPER fast, but fast enough to easily get a speediing ticket.

Robert
I was stopped by a cop after taking a left turn (in the city!) at <25mph (my Alfa was in 4th and the RPMs were lower than normal - 4th for me does 30mph when I'm trying to be quiet in the city). He told me that I must have been going more than 50 taking that turn. I politely explained that my Chinese made tires are not even be capable of holding against that kind of G-force. I would have ended up nose first in the shops nearby! Also, I knew exactly how fast I was going based on RPM and gearing. Of course, no laser/radar detector, no proof, no ticket (here). Fundamentally they aren't engineers so they just see a small red object which seems to be moving quickly and pounce. The only questions they ask is license and registration.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Come to think of it... Is that Barry Meguire of Meguire's car care filming an episode of "Car Crazy?" Playing a cop??? LOL. Remember those from the now defunct Speed channel?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't think it's that Barry guy, but I can tell you these cops up in my town are vigilant. You see them around a lot. In this town I can talk to these gentlemen with civil decor. With ongoing fatalities just one mile down the road from where this picture is taken, (due to speed, and, animal intrusion on the road) they don't take speeding lightly. But, remember, this is our hometown patrol. They get the word about about safety as much as anything else.

·
Premium Member
71 Berlina 74 GTV 17 Giulia Q4
6,471 Posts
Where do you live so I know to stay away since I've been labeled riff raff on several occasions:)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey gigem, since you are from East TX vs. West I think you'll be fine up here in Pencilvaaaaania!

·
Registered
115 Posts
For the first time in my life I got a wave from not one but two cops in a cruiser. They had someone pulled over and just did a 180 and waved to me as they went by. Completely freaked me out. I looked in the rear view to see if they were turning around and caught my reflection in the mirror...mid 40`s businessman wearing office casual driving an Italian sports car...not exactly a threat to society. :blush:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts