Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a '69 and it is missing its rear bumper. Can some one tell me (or preferably show me) what the correct rear bumper looks like for a '69?

Thanks,
John Trevey
Austin TX

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP
16,232 Posts
Congrats on your purchase!

Found these two pics of a 69 Euro GTV. The US version uses the same rear bumper. The two number plate lights are mounted on a bracket in the bumper.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Cool John. can't wait to see it. I hope it's in better shape than mine!!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where are the license plate lights located?

I appreciate you posting the pictures, but I can't tell where the license plate lights are...
Are they 1) "frog eyes", sticking up through the bumper, or 2) recessed, and shining up through a "cut out" or "notch"?

Or none of the above?

Trevey

·
Registered
620 Posts
I appreciate you posting the pictures, but I can't tell where the license plate lights are...
Are they 1) "frog eyes", sticking up through the bumper, or 2) recessed, and shining up through a "cut out" or "notch"?

Or none of the above?

Trevey
For a US 69 GTV: In the bumper center section, right under the license plate, there is a recess between the bumper and body of the car where the light shines up. The bracket that holds the light bulb is nestled within the concave portion of the bumper and riveted to the inside, lower lip of the bumper. Not easy to photograph but maybe someone has a diagram with exploded view?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts