Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an unusual request - I have a 1967 GTV (actually built very late 1966). A previous owner tried to turn it into a mobile speaker cabinet - and removed all the metal that forms the underside of the rear parcel-shelf - so that he could install large speaker drive units.

The rear seat was also replaced by a giant speaker bass-cabinet - needless to say, all this has now been removed, but I'm left with this big hole under the parcel shelf where there used to be a matrix of sheetmetal of some sort.

Does anyone have a pictures of how this should look, i.e a picture of the area under the rear windshield with the shelf removed so I can see the steel structure underneath.

[Background: the car has some vibration issues - and I'm thinking that a loss of stiffness in this area isn't helping the cause]

Thanks for any help,

-Richard - 1967 GTV

·
Registered
27 Posts
Not sure how applicable this is. It's from a '69 GTV. Probably a similar structure, but this one only has two of the depressions open vs. 8 main openings in the previous reply.

Attachments

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh thats perfect, both very useful, thank you!

now to fabricate a piece to weld in..unless anyone has one they could chop out and sell me..?

no, probably not.

thanks again for the pictures,

-Richard

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
Richard,
Call Larry at Alfa Parts Exchange. He usually has something he can cut from. He supplied the B-pillars for my own speaker butcher job. It's amazing what people will cut for the sake of speakers. Also note that 1971 and later (Series 2) parcel shelves are shorter than the earlier models.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Call Larry at Alfa Parts Exchange. He usually has something he can cut from.
Yes I will do that, thanks.

Yes it is amazing what people will do for speakers. Note the amplifier power cable that's still there in my picture, which would happily power a starter motor I tried the speakers once when I bought the car and they sounded terrible. What's the point of good bass if every bracket is rattling loose with it?

-Richard

·
Premium Member
21,715 Posts
Don't you have the scrapers, donks, and glasshouses cruising around the South Bay rattling the license plate and trunk lid at every frequency? I thought that was the point. At least in the East Bay it seems to be.
Andrew

1 - 13 of 13 Posts