Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone has a picture of 1970's spider without the chrome or rubber bumper?
I like to see what it looks like and if it looks better without it. Thanks

·
Registered
206 Posts
Front end bits...and thanks for the OMG

The opening is stock with the bottom trimmed so we could fit the spoiler. Spoiler found on e-bay. No idea who made it. Tractor "fog" lights from Tractor Supply Company - Home, headlight covers from IAP, hood scoop from a junk yard '82-'83 Mustang V-8 cut to fit. Brace in front of radiator cut out for more airflow, and everything sprayed flat black underneath. Simple, but effective. Oh, BTW the grill is also junkyard. I think it came from a '74 Giulia Super?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm thinking of making the front without bumper and using a grille instead of covering the opening like the IPA car galley.

·
Super Moderator
11,134 Posts
I'm thinking of making the front without bumper and using a grille instead of covering the opening like the IPA car galley.
Yea, good idea. I can't imagine how that car cools with so much of the frontal opening welded shut. And, while its builder probably finds it attractive, I'm not convinced.

·
Registered
411 Posts
The Lauda style spoilers are still avilable. I bought mine used on ebay. It was a Shankle. (same thing)
You could cut the front spoiler shorter for a diff look.
Body Kits
You could also go with a quadrifoglio spoiler in front. Could check with Larry APE. Fiberglass can be fun to work with. (it can be itchy though)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts