Alfa Romeo Forums banner

761 - 764 of 764 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Here's where I use some of that old Alcoa 6013-T4 aluminum sheet I bought from Boeing about 15 years ago when they still had their surplus available for sale to the public. I've mentioned before that I bought A LOT of Al sheet from them in varying grades and thicknesses without really knowing what I'd be doing with it all back then. This stuff is used on jet plane fuselage turbine cowling sheet metal.
Hey Nader!

Finally finished the thread. Slow days at work for the last few days has really helped. As expected, the thread was wonderful; it made me laugh, made my cry, made me proud... all the emotions! haha

If I can make one suggestion for a "someday" project, blocking off the openings that was done in this post (I dont think the pics came with the quote) left a nice opening on the insides for the radiator, but it leaves air a path to escape from and not head towards the radiator... path of least resistance ya know?... So my suggestion is to add some additional ducting/ shielding so that these openings direct all the air into and through the radiator. Probably want to add some mesh too just to prevent directing things other than air into the alooomineum radiator. Gotta protect the goods right?

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #763
Thanks, Simon, for posting that. Keep in mind, I am in my little 1800cc 4 cylinder car doing my best to keep up with six cylinder 2.5L Porsches and Triumphs. The Bimmers are ridiculous, too.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks, Simon, for posting that. Keep in mind, I am in my little 1800cc 4 cylinder car doing my best to keep up with six cylinder 2.5L Porsches and Triumphs. The Bimmers are ridiculous, too.

I totally understand! There’s a reason I’m building a Datsun Roadster and not a 2002, GTV, 510 or anything else to run in that B-Sedan group . It’s not just the displacement you’re battling but the guys with deep enough pockets to squeeze all the power out of the motors that only need to last a seasons’ worth of hours. Those guys are usually in B-Sedan. I’ll happily battle the Alfa Spiders and the assortment of British cars.

That particular gent has made some wise choices in his life as he campaigns a pair of 2002s, a CSL, a Chevron and I believe just picked up a E30 M3 too... sigh...

761 - 764 of 764 Posts