Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lots of fun and lots of Alfa's at Laguna the past 2 days! It was our first event with a vintage car, we are usually racing modern cars ;). I was amazed at how many Alfa's and more specifically how many GTA's that were there! We won the enduro by 1 minute 18 seconds and placed in the top ten in the sprints... need about 30 or 40 more ponies to keep up with some of those faster cars.

Attachments

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It is called the LSR Charity Invitational and it is put on/run by HMSA. There was a great turn out, there had to be over a hundred cars... heck our group was 35 cars alone and there was 5 groups.

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
Great pictures. I wish I knew about this event. It would have been a good chance to run the GTA instead of watching it sit in the garage. Do you have more pictures? What kind of lap times were you guys turning?

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wish I had more pics, I was little too busy and forgot to grab the camera the first day. I think I saw Will (another bb'er) running around with a camera, hopefully he will post some better pics. We were running 1.49's and seem to have everyone covered in handling and braking but were getting seriously pulled on the straights... I now have a "to do" list for the car :D.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anthony, sorry you did not here about the event, it would have been good to meet you guys. We are hoping to get into the Pre-Historics here at Monterey... They have completely eliminated our group at the Historics this year to make room for all the open wheelers. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
649 Posts
Is this the Alfa Ken Dobson was driving?

I wish I had more pics, I was little too busy and forgot to grab the camera the first day. I think I saw Will (another bb'er) running around with a camera, hopefully he will post some better pics. We were running 1.49's and seem to have everyone covered in handling and braking but were getting seriously pulled on the straights... I now have a "to do" list for the car :D.
Was Ken the driver of this car? I was at the event running my M6B and wished I had taken some photos. Did anyone get a photo of the spider with the rubber chicken hanging out the trunk and the slogan "faster than a speeding Pullet"?

The track was a little scary on Tuesday as they had just resurfaced the entire track and it was slippery. Wednesday was much better.

Bob

1965 RHD Autodelta GTA 1966 Trans-Am and B-Sedan Kwech Championship GTA

·
Registered
60 Posts
more Laguna pics

Here are track photos of David Buchanan, Glenn Oliveria, Gary Highland and some cars in the paddock. The SWB belongs to Ned Spieker who was one of the organizers of the event.
#90 GTV sm.jpg

SWB sm.jpg

'55 sm.jpg

TI sm.jpg

trio sm.jpg

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Patrick, this particular event happens once a year usually... I made a post a month or so ago in the Motorsport forum, but I guess not everyone saw that. The HMSA web site is a good one to keep an eye on for these type of events.

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Patrick, this particular event happens once a year usually... I made a post a month or so ago in the Motorsport forum, but I guess not everyone saw that. The HMSA web site is a good one to keep an eye on for these type of events.
Next time, post in the events and if its close to the bay area like this event was, post in ARA section as well so we'll know! :)

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I was there, I have about 150 pics that I need to resize. I was psudo-crew for the red Datsun roadster abomination. The guy cracked the head on his white one on Tues, so he came back on Wed with the Zoadster. It had carb issues before the start of the enduro, after trying just about everything, we got it to start with a different set of used sparkplugs. For what ever reason it rejected the ones that were in it. He started way late. I'll post some pics after I get them resized. Who had the later 1750 street car and the 69 1750 race car?

Will

·
Registered
139 Posts
That car has gone through such great stages of development. I have not seen it for a long time; I like the twin spark. But what is up with that exhaust - wow. I am going to call Jon in the morning because you know how Alfettas can be undervalued [clearly no such case here]. But if you don't ask...

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Yes the Alfetta is Jon Normans car. It is seriously fast. He couldn't catch a Porsche 934, but few Alfas can. Jon finished 2nd in his last race on Wed, the 934 was just too fast. Here are some more pics, as I said I shot 150 pictures on the digital and another 2 rolls of film. At this point I'm still weeding out the bad pictures before I post them to an online album.

Enjoy,
Will

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts