Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
28,546 Posts
Did you get D. A.'s 93L?

·
28,546 Posts
It has one of my spare motronic engine computers in it. Hope you like the car.

·
28,546 Posts
I know it looks better than my son's 91L Verde ebay rescue project but after 3 or so years I got it state inspected yesterday and drove it on a few errands around town. Won't show you rear profile as bumper and deck lid paint in sad shape. Still needs some TLC but we have saved another one from PO neglect. I believe you got a much better car as DA kept it up pretty well.

This is a rare non-sunroof early 91L which gives us tall guys some needed headroom.

Attachments

·
28,546 Posts
Well as the story goes I am now an Alfa owner. 2 plane flights and 600 miles later. 93 164L dark green, buckskin leather interior. driving, feeling and listening to her about the only item I can detect is the well known 2nd gear synchro issue, its not bad enough to worry about at all. the suspension seems fine as do every single button and switch. the previous owner gave me 2, 2 inch think folders of every service and part added or replaced which is nice he owned her for 10 years. 2 months ago the stepper motors were repaired... so this weekend an oil change, check under the hood, Pa state inspection and a very much needed detailing. I cann see the start of an addiction....Robb
That is a new one for me on 164 5-speed having a 2nd gear syncro issue. What kind of issue do you have with 2nd gear? Granted that is ususally an issue with older Alfas especially rear transaxle models but not the 164.

·
28,546 Posts
I forgot I have a spare tranny like that but only going into 5th gear above 70 but I have it out of car and waiting it's number in repair que for that and leaking issues. Guess you will have to shift sooner than 4500 but you have reached peak of torque curve pretty much by then anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.