Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Sorry...I was thinking along the lines of a trunk install, thats where the batteries are on my GTV's. The metal or aluminum hold downs are the only way to go for a secure trunk mounted set-up, plus a plastic one won't fly on a car that will see any track use.
;)

·
Registered
782 Posts
Bumping to see if anyone has any recent experience with lightweight batteries.

Also, curious to hear about your thoughts on trunk mount vs. lightweight under the hood. If you move it to the trunk, you add a few pounds of weight with long cables, right?

Scott

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Lots of my friends have hi comp 2L alfas and decently hi comp 3.2L 911's with PC680s. I always wondered why more people don't use the PC625 which is a bit lighter and with slightly higher CCA

One nice thing about the 680 is you can get this attractive and inexpensive tie down for it that will fit nicely on the upper shelf of the GT trunk... I'm going this route along with AWG/0 welding cable run to the starter.

Odyssey Battery Hold down - HD 680 B

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
I put my PC680 in the RR corner of trunk where it goes on AC equipped GTVs. I wanted weight transfer from the heavy left front of car to the light right rear corner. Check out corner weights and notice the measurements.
I hadn't noticed the PC625 before.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I've been running the PC680s in my track car since 2003 or so. It has no problem cranking a moderate compression engine after sitting for months on end. I'm planning on installing one in my Sprint when its ready.

They are good batteries.

Will

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
i have a 69 gtv. moved a optima battery in the trunk and made a huge difference in handling.

i have a PC680 on my race car and Porsche. i dont use it in my 911 anymore since the clock will drain it less than a week without a trickle charger.

STAY AWAY FROM OPTIMA... they are junk since the construction has changed when the company was bought out more than a 15-20 ago. Odessey seems to be much better though not a true cold weather long term battery.

·
Premium Member
13,049 Posts
I have had a PC 680 mounted in the trunk of my Spider for a little over 4 years. It is held in by a couple of small webbing type straps that are used on roof racks. I have had zero problems with it.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Ok, so you have a dynamo?
I was worried that those batteries needed the continous charging of an alternator.
And I'd really like to get one of those batteries :D

21 - 31 of 31 Posts