Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, does anyone know what the paint code was on the GTV6 in the James Bond film Octo*****? It was a silver/gray colour. If anyone has the Alfa Paint code please send me a PM if you don't mind.

Best regards

And thank you in advance V

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
I believe it was AR759 Grigio Nube Metallico

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much for the info ^_^

Also, did anyone notice how the filter did the ***** thing? Lol. Its the name of the James Bond movie. That is super funny though.

Again thank you for the info ^_^

Best regards... V

·
Premium Member
906 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol, not that im not polite but thats the name of the film. I saw it when i was a little kid on the abc sunday night movie. I didnt think the title was dirty. Lol. But no, that was the site filter that did the ***** thing.

Best regards

V

·
Registered
487 Posts
Hmmmm....

Remember the nice lift throttle oversteer that followed this scene ...:cool:

Silver GTV6.jpg

·
Registered
324 Posts

3.05 superb bit of driving to get a GTV6 to do that!! I have tried it on a skid pan and it takes an armful of turn in, then full power on opposite lock, the 6 being so well balanced it very hard to get outa shape like that and with only 160hp too.

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
They must've had to do a few takes of the last segment at the Circus there, The passenger side is pretty well banged up.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you for the posts. I ordered a sample of AR759 and see if its the direction I want to go. Again thank you for the help.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Some James Bond car info:

Here a cut of the Alfa Romeo Journal of 2/83, a distributor magazine in Germany about the James Bond film. Some of the shooting in this film were in Berlin Ku-Damm and Checkpoint Charlie and 3 pcs GTV6 stood at disposal. The Alfa dealer in Berlin had even the joy of being stand in for the main person.

As an afterstory one of these cars were taken to Norway, bought in Berlin, and rebuilt to twin turbochargers as a technical shool engineering exam. Here a photo of that car at a nearby runway with register DE-94... The other one on left is mine.
And no I dont know the code of this Bond car, but mine is AR 759! :)

cheers Gabor K.

Attachments

·
Registered
377 Posts
sorry I just now saw this (I don't check the bb as much as I used to) anyway, my '81 '6 is a dead-ringer for the James Bond movie car... Elvira Rucco/Automobilismo Storico Acrchivio Alfa Romeo advised "the body colour is metalic cloud grey (AR 754)"

I like to think of it as stealth grey (rather than the much more common arrest-me-red)

·
Registered
487 Posts
I like to think of it as stealth grey (rather than the much more common arrest-me-red)
Careful ... Mario might take offense to that :D

·
Registered
377 Posts
Mario I can deal with; it's the law enforcement officer that I'm much more concerned with...let him think that Mario is the one that needs watching

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
sorry I just now saw this (I don't check the bb as much as I used to) anyway, my '81 '6 is a dead-ringer for the James Bond movie car... Elvira Rucco/Automobilismo Storico Acrchivio Alfa Romeo advised "the body colour is metalic cloud grey (AR 754)"

Sorry but I doubt that info, Elvira possibly missed here! The AR 754 is called Silver metallic. and obviously in none of the photos the car is silver metallic!

Its actually the same colour as my car(as you can see on the photos) which is AR 759- grigio nube metallic.

Here a paint code list

http://hem.passagen.se/veloce/paint3.htm

·
Registered
377 Posts
thanks Gabor as I had always wondered about this, but had always taken this at face value as it did come from Elvira (and yes, I double checked her email to me, which I had kept in hard-copy, before I posted the above). a couple of years ago I needed to have the front clip re-shot - I seem to recall them using AR 727 FWIW

·
Registered
664 Posts
Top Gear - Bond Cars

Last night, I fell off the sofa laughing at BBC-America’s on broadcast of 50 Years of Bond Cars

The GTV6 won best Bond car on a budget.

The question was asked by Richard Hammond, "What a delightful handling car, why weren’t more Alfa Romeos used in Bond movies?"

He answered his own question by reasoning that it wouldn’t look good for a secret agent to arrive at his destination on the back of a flatbed.

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni39493197/

Hahaha

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
What was the color of the GTV6 in the film "The Man Who Loved Women" with Burt Reynolds, Julie Andrews, and Kim Basinger ? Anyone?

(at about 7:36)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Greetings-

Not to be contrary, but my GTV-6 (a 1983 like Bond's) seems to be the same color. It is Nero 908. At the time, I believe they called it "anthracite".

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts