Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 181 Posts

·
Banned
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can everybody show us the photos that you have.
Thanks.

Any idea about his chassis number ?

Attachments

·
Banned
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Photos

Any idea of the race ?
Thanks

Attachments

·
Banned
6,139 Posts
Since the bare metal car in the top picture has the car in a dealer showroom, you probibly know the chassis number that is on the car. Without actually inspecting the car, it is impossible to express a realistic opinion if the car is a real one or a recreation, much less what chassis number the car is.

The picture of the blue car appears to have been taken in the US, and not in Europe, at some sort of circuit on an airport. Based on what I can see, I would say Santa Barbara California, but that circuit was no longer being used in 1963 when the TZs came out, so my answer is "I do not know for certain; I can only guess".

If I knew who actually took the pictures, and when they were taken, I might have a better idea rather than just a guess.

Stu Schaller

·
Registered
657 Posts
The second picture looks like it could also be the hangar at Sebring, Florida, although the land looks awful sage-brushy to be Florida. The other cars pictured are also early sixties, as is the "James Dean" look of the hungry gentleman to the right.

Based on the foregoing, I would say I have know idea.

·
Registered
9,470 Posts
smestas said:
I hope you dont mind but I edited your photos so they are more viewable.
Excellent idea. It bugged me, too.

·
Registered
127 Posts
what a wonderful photo, breakfast of champs, coffee, a hostess donut and a Marlboro. before health nuts took away all the treats. and the coke in the bottle.
I agree, this must be Southwest USA event. But the hair is more Peter Fonda than James Dean. That makes it mid to late 60s

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
The gray car is a '59 Chevy, the white vehicle looks like a 61 Ford Ranchero, the bird on the powerlines is a....

·
Banned
6,139 Posts
The blue TZ could be S/N 0016, the car that was first owned by Phyllis Gaylard and Allan Ward (of Ward and Dean suspensions). But I am not sure if Alan was a partner in the ownership of the car or not.

0016 is now by Jerry Rosenstock, a lawyer in Los Angeles, who also owned (still owns?) an Aston Martin DB4 Zagato...a REAL one and not one of the Galibiati/Zagato "recretions" done about 10 years ago....plus some other interesting cars, including a Alfa "2nd series" Giulia station wagon, built circa 1972.

The TZ is now painted red, and has been painted red for quite some time..

Phyllis is still involved with the Los Angeles area Alfa Romeo Club, and still runs in their time trials program. Jerry was a vinatge racer a few years ago, but I'm not sure how much he races any more..

I can probibly talk Jerry into selling the car, if someone wants to pay what real TZs are going for now...around $350,000-$400,000...plus my "finders fee" of 10%...

·
Banned
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hello, I receive a message to my personnal email.
Blue car is Chassis 038 owned by Amstrong in 1965.
Where is all your photos of all the Alfa people ?
Thanks

·
Banned
6,139 Posts
The last I knew FOR CERTAIN of 0038 was when it was in San Francisco, circa 1984.

Phillipe, most of the people who post here weren't even born when the TZs were built, so I doubt if many actually have any period pictures!

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Old TZ# 6

That photo was taken at The regional races at Ft Summer. Noel Armstrong was the owner.
The TZ lives and still races in the N. Calif. area by a wonderful Alfesti and Human. Enclose you will see a photo of the same TZ at Thounder hill and I have posted some nice shots of it drifting at sears point in the past years.

Attachments

·
Registered
747 Posts
dretceterini said:
... The TZ is now painted red, and has been painted red for quite some time...
Hmmm... give me a couple of days to search around the house and I'll produce a picture of this car at Willow Springs in the early '90s. I do recall Alan driving it around the track during the practice sessions, including getting it very loose coming out of turn 3 - don't have a picture of that though.

·
Banned
6,139 Posts
PSB said:
That photo was taken at The regional races at Ft Summer. Noel Armstrong was the owner.

The TZ lives and still races in the N. Calif. area by a wonderful Alfesti and Human. Enclose you will see a photo of the same TZ at Thunder hill and I have posted some nice shots of it drifting at sears point in the past years.
The TZ is my second favorite modern Alfa. I like the SZ long tail better..

As to the blue TZ...interesting wheels! Knock off nuts on a TZ ??!!

...and just what wonderful "Alfisti and human" would that be?? :D :D :D

PS: Thanks for posting the photos. Do you happen to know if Alan was actually a partner in the car, or was Phyllis the owner by herself ? I don't get along well with Phyllis due to AROC "politics", so I can't ask......

PPS: Is the Renault-Alpine A-110 behind the red TZ Steve Sailors???

·
Banned
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here a TZ

I offer one book TZ free if you can tell me the race and the driver

Attachments

·
Banned
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Same offer

Photo was taken in USA.
Chassis number ? I need a proof please
Regards

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Stu: Think Santa Barbara ran a bit longer - I remember Scooter Patrick driving a Porsche 904 and a Lancia for _______(?) and won 5 of 6 races entered that weekend - broke shifter to DNF in 6th race. Would have to locate some slides with dates but think late 60's. Have some B&W pix of #31 Cp at Riverside one weekend - both before and after brushing wall along right side. Also remember Phyllis driving at Riverside (tall lady and short car). Will try to figure out how to scan and send.
I followed SCCA events from about 62 to 73 on left coast for small newspaper (Huntington Beach News) and have big box's of negs and slides that are 'semi-inventoried - lot of Alfa pix cuz that is what I was driving at time. Riverside, Willow, San Diego in the parking lot, Santa Barbara, Monterey, . . .

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Hi Crew, as to who the Alfisti is, Its not for me to give out others info, You all know I give out info on my self and others if ok. But as I love Alfa folks and trust you all!!! I just did not think it my place to list the owners name etc. It races all over calif.
And I always see Stu, who is stu? I have never seen posts from a Stu.
If the owner wants to give there info thay can do it. I am not the owner , darn it!
PSB

1 - 20 of 181 Posts