Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 220 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Photos of 750/101 engine compartments only

I'm always searching around for engine compartment photos, they are mixed in lots of posts and hard to find.

I thought it would be nice to start a post where the only thing that gets posted is engine compartment photos. Maybe people would like to post before & after photos of restored engine compartments.

I'll start it off with mine. This is a 1963 Giulia Spider Normale mostly original engine compartment.

Larry McKeough

IMG_0290.jpg

IMG_0291.jpg

IMG_0292.jpg

·
Registered
416 Posts
What a great idea! If I had an engine, I'd post my photos!
Seriously, being well into a restoration, I'm always looking for engine compartment photos. Thanks.
Bob

·
Super Moderator
11,871 Posts
You WILL have an engine someday Bob!

1965 non-restored AUSCA Giulia Spider Veloce / GTA.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,266 Posts
I know this is not the best "engine compartment" picture, but let me explain. What it is, is a picture, just this last week, of the engine in my '59 Sprint running, for the first time in 30+ years! All credit goes to Karen at Alfa West!

(The oil cap in the picture is only temporary until the real one returns from the chrome shop).

Scott

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,117 Posts
OK, here's are a couple of underhood shots of my Giulia "abnormale". I know, it isn't concours, the Wieand air filters aren't correct, there's some oil on the camcover, etc. But I built it close to 20 or so years ago, and while I might do things differently today, I'm not about to change it. And, it is fun to drive!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
My engine

What a great Idea, love it. I know you have all seen it befor but it's pretty anyway. Here's mine.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,871 Posts
Now and then I notice those missing parts on e-bay. Interesting that over the years these parts were all removed, and today they are all gradually being replaced. Looks good!

Reactions: rafael

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Hi Gordon,

If you are referring to my car, I have those missing parts now and they are on the car, incl. the yellow stickers and correct clamps on the carb air hoses, its just the photo is about 7-8 years old now. Will come up with the complementary pic soon.

Dennis

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gordon,
Maybe you could explain (for those of us who don't know) just exactly what an AUSCA Veloce Spider was? It appears to have dual spark plugs per cylinder. I assume it was for racing. How about some top down photos?

By the way, I happy to see people posting about their engines. I think It's nice to scroll through & just see engines!!

How about some of you guys with modifications??

Thanks
Larry McKeough

·
Registered
416 Posts
Sprint

I know this is not the best "engine compartment" picture, but let me explain. What it is, is a picture, just this last week, of the engine in my '59 Sprint running, for the first time in 30+ years! All credit goes to Karen at Alfa West!

(The oil cap in the picture is only temporary until the real one returns from the chrome shop).

Scott
Scott, is the cam cover done in the hammertone paint, or is it polished?
It looks great!
Bob

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
Here are three photos of the engine compartments of my three Giuliettas. From top to bottom: ’59 101 Sprint, ’62 101 Spider and ’60 Series 2 Berlina.

The Spider is a transition car, a Giulietta with a Giulia body shell (chassis numbers 370001 to 371096). Thus the voltage regulator and relays have been moved forward to accommodate the Giulia air cleaner, but since the car is a Giulietta, it has the conventional Giulietta air cleaner. It took me a long time to understand this.

Yes, the Berlina’s valve cover looks rather grungy, but the is no way I’m going to mess around with that 50 year old hammertone paint.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,160 Posts
Bob, you need my Spider Veloce..Time for jet propulsion,.... I need your money and the space....the Hammertone comes off the shelf at Ace Hardware

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
the Hammertone comes off the shelf at Ace Hardware
Rick, I totally agree that off-the-shelf spray-can paint from Ace Hardware is great. The air filter canister of my '69 1750 Spider (see below) is painted Ace Hardware "machinery gray", which is quite close to the original color.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,160 Posts
Rick, I totally agree that off-the-shelf spray-can paint from Ace Hardware is great. The air filter canister of my '69 1750 Spider (see below) is painted Ace Hardware "machinery gray", which is quite close to the original color.
Bob, you got that right. They do have hammertone. in Krylon I think. BTW sorry about your b-ball team.....back to cars............................a '57 Spider Veloce would fill in your collection rather smartly and I will deliver it

1 - 20 of 220 Posts