Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What about starting a new picture thread on 750-101 Sprint/Spider interiors where all the key info can again be gathered in one place, thus easily produced when needed? Again, a very practical thread in searching for facts and pictures, especially for newbies, but also others wishing to have their cars as near as possible the original factory condition, anyone with me on this one?

Dennis

·
Administrator
3,805 Posts
Hi Dennis

Excellent idea, I'm out of town this week on a Tour with the Spider, will post some file and archive pictures of interiors when I return.

I'd suggest that any and all posters try to stick to posting pictures of interiors that are as original as possible and also include the year and if known, also the chassis number so others can narrow down their search as much as possible.....

Aye
Greig

·
Premium Member
21,685 Posts
The mods are discussing re interior and engine compartment stickies, so far it looks like good.
Andrew, mod

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The mods are discussing re interior and engine compartment stickies, so far it looks like good.
Andrew, mod
Andrew,

All these practical threads could be "hidden" behind a main "sticky" thread called i.e. (implied) 750-101 "technical info, engines, interiors, body work, car pics" etc, so we don´t fill the first page with just stickies......so in reality it is only going to be one more sticky on the first page, except with all the precious info concentrated in one place.....

Dennis

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1600 Sprint ´63

Contributing here with some what seems to be pretty original, although shut 1600 Sprint interior. This Sprint is also equipped with the rare rear seat option. Engine pics can be seen in the engine thread.
Pictures off of Ebay once.

Dennis

Attachments

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
I am having the interior replaced and should look like the original. The original cloth is still available from Italy, but the original headliner material is no longer supplied. The current headliner material is very close to the original one. The rear window deck was replaced when the seats were recovered.

·
Registered
38 Posts
1957 Spider Interior

Here are some pictureds of my Spider interior would be interested to know what looks original and what looks replaced it is a very original 67k mile one owner car before I got it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts
1960 Giulietta Spider Veloce interior

I know many of you have already seen the shots before but here are a few shots of my 1960 Giulietta Spider Veloce interior.

Attachments

·
Registered
155 Posts
1600 Sprint seats

Does anyone know if all the 1600 Sprints came with the squared-off seats as pictured above? Did any come with bucket-shaped seats as in the GTV Step nose cars? Trying to figure out what is original and what is not for a particular 1600 Sprint.

Thanks
Scott

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Does anyone know if all the 1600 Sprints came with the squared-off seats as pictured above? Did any come with bucket-shaped seats as in the GTV Step nose cars? Trying to figure out what is original and what is not for a particular 1600 Sprint.

Thanks
Scott
I´d say they did, have in years never heard of or seen anything else but these squared-off seats.

But maybe your best bet would still be to contact elvezio.com, an Alfa world renown upholstery company in Italy being in trade for decades, that could give you better certainty in the matter than anybody else.

Dennis

·
Administrator
3,805 Posts
Bertone's new Grugliasco Works assembled the 101 Giulia 1600cc Sprints

Alfa's new Arese Factory assembled the 105 Giulia 1600 Sprint GT's (Bertone design, penned by Giorgetto Giugiaro)

Different assembly plants, different lines, completely different cars....light years apart, despite only being one generation apart....

1964 / 1965 101 Sprint = square seats

1964 / 1965 105 Sprint GT = curved back seats

Ciao
Greig

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok, now it is definitive that I have the "wrong" seats!

Will correct them one day.

Thanks for the info.

Scott
Hi Scott,

Why don´t you register here on ALFABB? You would be welcome and it would be nice to have another 1600 Sprint fellow alfista to share thoughts with, and you will probably need quering about more than seats, or is your Sprint in perfect condition otherwise?

Dennis

·
Registered
155 Posts
Registered now

I had tried to register several times. Looks like it finally worked.

Not sure what happened before.

Been hanging out on the BMW e9 board for years, since I have one of those too. Look forward to learning more from the BB.

Scott

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
My December 1962 1600 Spider (attn. jack is wrong, later 105 model).

And the straps should most certainly be black (natural leather = 1300 models), something I unfortunately didn´t know at the time of their fabrication.

Dennis

Attachments

1 - 20 of 127 Posts