Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am changing the diff seal on my 87 Veloce and noticed that the previous owner made a mess of the fuel lines coming from the tank and going between the fuel filter and high pressure pump. The rubber fuel lines at weeping at the connections between hard and rubber lines... it's a mess. So while I am under there I want to fix this up before putting the car on the road for the summer. I will take photos of my messy setup and post it in a few days.

Could someone please post photos of what the proper fuel line arrangement should look like in that area.

I just ordered 10 feet of each high pressure fuel injection rubber hose in 8mm and 12mm from IAP. I can source the proper clamps locally.

Thank in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Hi Jedispey,
I am certain that many other BB members have a more pristine undercarriage than I do, but here is what the fuel lines from the gas tank to the external filter look like on a 27 year old Spider that was neglected by most of the previous owners:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Norseman50,

Thanks for posting photos so quickly. The underside of my car looks eerily like yours with some braided fuel lines from the trunk forward. These must be OEM lines from 27+ years ago. Then you have more braided lines but that is where mine differs and has non-metric oversized rubber lines tied into curved steel lines with crappy clamps. You can see that they are wet and weeping fuel. I shudder to think what happens when the fuel pump pressurizes the fuel in these lines...probably leaking quite badly.

I will post photos this evening.

Cheers,

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I finally remembered to bring a camera under the car while working to replace my diff seal. You will notice the diff oil covering much of the underneath at the rear of the car. As you can see my current rubber fuel hose situation if very concerning with fuel weeping at the extra hard line bends with oversized hose and clamps. I am also expecting these extra hard line sections to not be crimped at the ends.

I just recieved my 8mm and 12mm fuel injection rubber hose from IAP today so I will replace all the hose from the back to front with proper fuel injection clamps. I will also cleanup the fuel pump bracket and paint it with POR15 and replace the fuel filter while I am at it.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts