Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello guys, this is me again. I continue with the ts not getting to top speed.
do you think that maybe the phase variator died? do you know a way of testing it?
has anyone used the repair kit?(new spring a seal) I know cars with more mileage with the darn thing not changed and the car work fine.

my car does not make any rought noise from the intake cam.
please tell me you xp . regards

·
Registered
656 Posts
Take the camshaft in one hand while the other hand wiggled variator.
It should not move.

Seen worn teeth? Repair kit for this will not help.
But if there is no sound, the variator is not damaged.
It looks like yours.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Take the camshaft in one hand while the other hand wiggled variator.
It should not move.

Seen worn teeth? Repair kit for this will not help.
But if there is no sound, the variator is not damaged.
It looks like yours.
ohh yes of course if the theeth are worn, I need a replacement, any way of knowing this still works, without disassembly of the engine?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Without disassembly you can check only the work of the solenoid.
I say again. If there is no sound like a diesel engine at idling. Variator is in good condition.
It starts to work after 3000. Disconnect the solenoid and try to drive without it. Will be the difference?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ohh yes of course if the theeth are worn, I need a replacement, any way of knowing this still works, without disassembly of the engine?
Without disassembly you can check only the work of the solenoid.
I say again. If there is no sound like a diesel engine at idling. Variator is in good condition.
It starts to work after 3000. Disconnect the solenoid and try to drive without it. Will be the difference?

i disconnect the solenoid and did not make a difference, so then I went after the relay, and I found that the relay s fuse was blown. problem solved. i did 200 last night. regards

1 - 6 of 6 Posts