Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
As the owner of a 1974 with modern wheels on mine, I was chuckling about all the wheel comments.
Question, how do they make you feel??

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To be honest, I laughed as well. I like my wheels, I find they suit the car and don't mind them. I would consider putting more vintage wheels on the car as well, but I'm happy with the choice I have. I found some comments rude to be honest, but they didn't bother me because I always enjoy the car and usually when seen in person always get positive feedback! I just took it with a grain of salt and took happiness in the kind and positive comments :)

·
Registered
559 Posts
Have to say I don't like the wheels but whats amazing is they look OK, and they make the Duetto look like a modern car , a very good looking one at that, truly a timeless design.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Your dad is the man and you are very lucky to have him in your life! Enjoy your Spider and care for it, and forget the ney sayers. Most of them never had nor ever will have a fine ride such as yours. Enjoy!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Beautiful car and story. I too, have a 500 Abarth as a daily driver. Makes me realize, how slow my Spider is, but don't care, the top goes down and the smile goes on my face!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Beautiful Duetto Michael. I am sure you enjoy driving her every day. So what if not everyone likes your choice of wheel. The world would be a boring place if we all had the same tastes.
Out of interest what size are those rims?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thank you everyone for the kind comments!

I definitely feel the difference between the Abarth and the Alfa in performance, but the feel of both cars is so different that I enjoy them both differently. I still enjoy the Alfa more because of the way it makes me feel though.

The rims themselves are 17 inches. They do give a modern look, but I'm not closed to putting back vintage rims on the car in the future!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I like the look. I have BMAs on mine but I will say, the car was designed to have more rubber to balance out the suspension. They were designed for 14s, but Alfaholic's 15s look mighty tasty and I'm sure that one lil inch won't cause too much back pain.

I once owned a Volvo 850R with 17s. I swore never again.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You are right in those terms, and that is one of the reasons as to why I would consider changing for different wheels. If or when I decide to change them, Id like to put 15s on the car. The 17s as good as they look give a stiff ride and it isn't always the most comfortable. I love the look of the GTA wheels Alfaholics has and would put those in 15s when the time comes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts