Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brand new Pertronix distributor distributor compatible with all (56'-81') Alfa Romeo 4 cylinder cars with Carburetors or Spica Fuel Injection (1300, 1600, 1750 and 2000cc). Very simple 2 wire installation, instructions included. I have quantity 2 of these for sale at $150 each plus shipping. Please let me know if you would like to purchase one or both of these units with payment via PayPal. Will be well boxed for shipment. Thank you.

PS: If you currently don't have a distributor with vacuum advance, I will include the Alfa intake manifold screw-in hose nipple at no charge.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Do you know what the advance curve is on your distributors?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Sorry I do not have that degree of detail, this is from the Pertonix web site:
"Replaces Bosch, Lucas & Marelli Distributors in 1956-81 4 Cyl. 1300, 1600, 1750 & 2.0 ltr. The vacuum advance version also has a custom tailored advance curve to suit most applications. Tailored advance curve for optimal performance and driveability."

·
Premium Member
15,003 Posts
There is at least one thread about the advance curve. You should be able to search for it. My recollection is that it is an air cooled VW curve but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
I was thinking of that thread, Ed. It would be nice if Pertronix had built in an Alfa specific cure but, absent that, I think it should be easy enough to just have the distributor re-curved. I rather like the idea of a vacuum advance. Bruce/Alfanuts 2 liter Super gets 28mpg with a Bosch Alfetta vacuum advance dizzy.

·
Premium Member
5,865 Posts
Pertronix has a great tech department. Give them a call.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts