Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Good progress made. Rear axle rebuilt, gear box rebuilt, engine 75% complete and body half way one.

Can anyone let me have a photo of the inside of a door (frame). My car has had speaker holes hacked into the frame and I need to return it to the original profile.

Regards
John

Attachments

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Watching with interest ...
Pete

·
Registered
146 Posts
Nice going John. Mine is a 1/68 car and I will try to get some inside door pics for you next week or later this week.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Sorry John. On the weekend hopefully. I have the correct backing discs now for the winders. I have been removing both front springs and putting in new rubber bushings. Fun job!

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Hi John, yours would probably have the scissor lift mechanism and Merv’s would be a cable lift I think? I have some GT doors I could probably access for pics

·
Registered
146 Posts
Ok. Wasn’t sure when the change came. Maybe it was 1750 S2
That is my understanding too. My car was 1/68 made and Australian delivered that year, on the data.
Those fittings in the door for the window glass, the lock action, door straps are quite indicative of their time and require re-engineering at times like most things Alfa of the era.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
That is my understanding too. My car was 1/68 made and Australian delivered that year, on the data.
Those fittings in the door for the window glass, the lock action, door straps are quite indicative of their time and require re-engineering at times like most things Alfa of the era.
Yes, I guess they weren’t making them thinking that crazies like us would be driving them in 50 years time. Yours is very early considering stepfront is only 3 months older.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Yes John, I contacted the Centro Documentazione Museo Alfa Romeo for information on the car at the time as well as an Australian search. Same with my 62 356 Porsche. They were never built to last this long! Both have extensive new parts supplies these days, however

The GTV and the 356 remain some of the most attractive cars ever made to my eyes.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I have just received my refurbished steering wheel back from Franjo Mokina. I think you will agree its quite an improvement!!

I have bought a few bits and pieces from Franjo and whilst he may not be cheap his workmanship is excellent.

Recommended!

Cheers John

Attachments

·
Registered
773 Posts
I have just received my refurbished steering wheel back from Franjo Mokina. I think you will agree its quite an improvement!!

I have bought a few bits and pieces from Franjo and whilst he may not be cheap his workmanship is excellent.

Recommended!

Cheers John
@franjo mokina is an artist, his work is amazing.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts