Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - I'm trying to lessen the number of leaks on my SPICA Alfa. Weeping from the dipstick to the lower pan seems an easy one to pick off. I've cleaned the area many times and know the leak is NOT the oil filter, pressure idiot light, etc. I believe the leak is from the rubber sleeve circled or the threaded tube-to-pan connection itself. I suspect the rubber sleeve first as it is original to the 70's so far as I know, and feels a bit stiff. The OVS is new stainless steel and the pressure line is connected. Bolts are cinched tight.

Has anyone solved leaks here and or figured a replacement to the rubber block circled?

PS sorry if I posted this before - I keep meaning to tackle this then keep forgetting. Did search but didn't find an answer. Have debated fabricating some sort of all-threaded solution but haven't gotten there.

Font Slope Rectangle Parallel Diagram

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
You’re going to have to go to an autoparts store or hardware store, source a hose with correct or near correct ID, the OD will most likely be fine, cut to proper length and install. I suspect OEM is non existent. Should be fine.

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info and offer! I like the printing calculator. Let me see if I can scare something up, if not I may send you a prepaid shipping label...

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It looks to me that 22mm OD / 14mm ID is what came off the car and would fit the dipstick nipple and clamp.
Photograph Black Handwriting Guitar accessory Font

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
You can get 9/16 ID fuel line which is 14 mm, downside is OD is 13/16 which is 21 mm, I would fabricate a thin shim, .5mm to surround the outside of the hose, it can be made so it isn’t in view when the clamp is installed over the tube.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts