Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have the BF seats in my GT Stepnose 1970.
Before they were on a GTV 2000 1972.
On Stepnose adapter plates are required, on the GTV 2000 I only had to drill one of the two seat rails.
The back seats are covered with the same material.
In these seats you sit much lower than in the originals.
I'm happy of my choice (no relation to seller).

Attachments

·
Registered
959 Posts

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
I am generally suspicious of aftermarket seats but these are really stunning. Beautiful. Were the rears original?

On Stepnose adapter plates are required, on the GTV 2000 I only had to drill one of the two seat rails.

·
Registered
959 Posts
in GTV

When they were in your GTV did you have to buy the additional hardware of did they adapt to the original rails? TiA, DB
P.S. I'd love to have a couple of these seats but the shipping is killer(US $159.00)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys for your feedback. I have contacted Cobra to see if they can do a Leather/Cord option and for their mounting options. I will give feedback when I hear back ...

·
Registered
240 Posts
For the rear seats of the Stepnose I had the opportunity to get the same materials used for the front so new covers were made.

For the GTV I didn't need any additional Hardware, only had to drill a hole in each rail because the front-back distance of the fixing points is different.

To install the seats on the GT 1300 Junior Stepnose 1970 I bought a set of 4 plates and screws from the german seller (http://shop.bf-torino.com/shop_start/). The plates are located from front to back, 5 mm thickness, large about 50 mm, plates for left seat are different from those for the right.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Much cheaper, and almost identical is the Cobra RS seat - a friend of mine bought a set from the UK for his 911.
Classic RS - Historic - Cobra Seats/QUOTE]

Just a slight word of warning on the Cobra RS's. I bought a pair 6 years ago to fit to my '73 911 RS Lightweight Rep, and found them well made, but unbelievably uncomfortable, even just running small trips locally, so much so that before trips to Spa and Classic Le Mans, I took them out and fitted two 70's period Recaro's, which eventually found their way into my current GTA Rep.
I do suffer from a bad back at times though, but just my experience.
Steve

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Much cheaper, and almost identical is the Cobra RS seat - a friend of mine bought a set from the UK for his 911.
Classic RS - Historic - Cobra Seats/QUOTE]

Just a slight word of warning on the Cobra RS's. I bought a pair 6 years ago to fit to my '73 911 RS Lightweight Rep, and found them well made, but unbelievably uncomfortable, even just running small trips locally, so much so that before trips to Spa and Classic Le Mans, I took them out and fitted two 70's period Recaro's, which eventually found their way into my current GTA Rep.
I do suffer from a bad back at times though, but just my experience.
Steve
Thanks for the advice Steve, once finished my car will be have to be comfortable enough for long trips. One of the downsides of living where I do is I cant test "drive" the seats. Would you have a link to the period Recaros you mention?
Cheers,

Neil

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Thanks for the advice Steve, once finished my car will be have to be comfortable enough for long trips. One of the downsides of living where I do is I cant test "drive" the seats. Would you have a link to the period Recaros you mention?
Cheers,

Neil
Neil - Revolution racegear have the Cobra RS in store if you want to try them out. I found them reasonably comfortable in my friends 911, but if you are of a wider build (i'm 6'2", ~90kg/200lb) they might be pretty tight (I find the stock 66 GTV seats pretty comfy though - and have spent plenty of time in them)
My friend finds them comfortable enough for runs out to Morgan park etc.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Cheers,

Neil
Neil, the Recaros in question were actually period 70's ones, from I believe, a ford Capri. They were very cheap (If I recall, only about £125 for the pair, then I had them re-covered in leather and perforated vinyl centres, for £400 the pair, see pics.
Supremely comfortable, even on the longest journeys.
Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Look similar to the recaros my friend pulled out of his 911 - lol!
Also, similar to the tennis racquet GTV6 seats but with a conventional headrest.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Neil - Revolution racegear have the Cobra RS in store if you want to try them out. I found them reasonably comfortable in my friends 911, but if you are of a wider build (i'm 6'2", ~90kg/200lb) they might be pretty tight (I find the stock 66 GTV seats pretty comfy though - and have spent plenty of time in them)
My friend finds them comfortable enough for runs out to Morgan park etc.
nice, that will give me a chance to try them out when I am in Brisbane next time - cheers

Neil

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Thanks for the advice Steve, once finished my car will be have to be comfortable enough for long trips.
Take my advice and don't put cheap seats in your car: bite the bullet and buy good seats---with adjustable backs. If you get a chance to look at the differences between seats you'll quickly see the difference. If you look at the Alfaholics site, you'll notice that they use BGTorino seats in their GTA/R builds. If you're in the States and want some different seats, Stephan's shop is some place you should visit.

The American vender is GT Car Seats in Austin, Texas. Some of his seats are BFTorino while others, I think, he assembles at his shop from brought in parts. His seats are not cheap but they're very well made---at least as well made as Recaro, Scheel, Konig, etc. In addition to looking period correct, they're also comfortable.

I was going to fit a pair of his early 911 Recaro replicas into my Super until I hit upon an even better and much creaper idea. Do you still have your original seats? If so, give some thought to having your stock seats rebuilt with firmer foam and lumbar support to match your back. My friend Jim Sikking repadded my Super's stock seats for me and the results transformed the ergonomics of my car, so much so that I gave up on replacing the seats. It's worth noting that our cars are now quite old---most have seats that are pretty broken down and could use a rebuild.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
They look very nice also - which ones are they? Lemans?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts