Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All four calipers on my GTV are in really sad shape and need to be rebuilt. I just happended across Performatek's site and saw their rebuilt calipers with SS pistons for about $112 each. The idea of getting SS pistons is very attractive, but the price for 4 would mean about $450. Does anyone have any experience with these calipers?

I don't plan to use my GTV for racing, just for spirited dailty driving.

I'm a fairly handy guy with tools so the thought of rebuilding them myself is an option as well. Doing it myself would save money but then I'd need to buy paint, rebuild kits, possibly SS pistons, etc.

Since I am so busy with work and family right now, I'm leaning towards buying rebuilt.

Any experience or advice?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
$112 each is cheaper than what I spent on my rebuilt fronts. Those were $130 each. I think both IAP and Centerline have the stock ones for like $99 plus shipping.

Will

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will,

I saw the others but figured $12 extra per caliper may be worth it since they come with stainless pistons.

Anyone used these Performatek calipers?

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just spoke with Andy at Performatek. They contract out for the work. I didn't ask who because I thought that might be in poor taste.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
I haven't bought or used their calipers, but Andy is a very honest person, and he is also very knowledgeable in both stock and performance components... I have full confidence in their products, and the shop I use in OH (they do maintenance and serious performance work) also hold Andy in high regard, and order Performatek products.

Best regards,

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I probably would have gone with them had I not been trying to solve a brake issue immediately. At this point, I might not have needed the new calipers anyway, but its good insurance. I like Performatecs attitude toward performance, they know their stuff and I like that. I think I have talked with Andy a couple of times when I was shopping for springs and he is very knowledgeable on his products. I'd go with the brakes from those guys.

Will

·
Premium Member
14,354 Posts
I bought rebuilt front calipers for my Milano from Performatek. I am 100% satisfied with them. I paid an extra few dollars because Andy is a great guy to deal with and he only sells top of the line parts.
Ed Prytherch
79 Spider
2 x 88 Milano Verde's

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. I bought a complete set of poly bushings from them a few years ago and agree Andy stands behind the product. I think this settles my question. Due to being so busy, I'll let Performatek handle my calipers.

Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Thanks guys. I bought a complete set of poly bushings from them a few years ago and agree Andy stands behind the product. I think this settles my question. Due to being so busy, I'll let Performatek handle my calipers
Merry Christmas!

Good choice. Andy is a great guy. I used to live in New England, so I have met him at a couple of club tech sessions. I put some of his poly bushings in my GTV a few years ago and am quite happy with them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts