For anyone who has been following my upgrade of a '76 'Sud berlina to a 16V powertrain (keeping the stock Bosch fuel injection), I am now in the process of sorting out the exhaust. I am keeping the inboard front disc brakes and would like to install the best possible system. Does anyone have any suggestions? Here are a few questions:
• Is the crossover exhaust the best performance idea? How much HP and Torque does it add? I thought that the original Ansa system was supposed to be a major improvement. Does the crossover make the car sound better or worse? Technically, it should result in better performance due to superior pulsing of the cylinder output.
• What pipe diameter is best for this system?
• My engine came from a German car (engine I.D. #: AR307470002855). I'm not sure if it had a catalytic converter on it as standard. Does anyone know? And do I need to keep the cat due to the Bosch F.I., meaning is the computer looking for an 02 sensor and will not run correctly if I eliminate the cat?
• If a cat is required, I will probably use the super free-flow 8100 series from www.randomtechnology.com
What diameter in/out would work best with the rest of the system?
• Is anyone familiar with the original Ansa system? The expert at the U.S. Ansa warehouse told me that he can match a resonator (if needed, or replaced by the cat?) and muffler to a new one in their catalog if I can give him the dimensions from the original system.