Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Alfa Romeo cams

We are all fiddling around with 5 to 10 horsepower here. Look for some torque here, that's what makes acceleration.........Chuck...........

·
Premium Member
13,053 Posts
Mike:
You can discount my seat of pants impressions if you like but I am not exactly a novice. My spider started out with US spec cams, got Euro's when I installed Motronic pistons, and went back to US when I burned a valve and installed a spare head from an Alfetta. I then bought another engine with US spec cams and I have now installed Euros. In every case the cams were set at the standard marks for 102 lobe centers.

My first GTV had Euro cams with 10.4 pistons and my current one has Isky cams with 10:1's. It was dyno'd at 114 at the wheels.

The engine that I am building for my spider has C&B 11mm cams.
All my cars have had 40DCOE Webers.

I have also driven some relatively gutless S2 and S3 spiders with standard cams.
My point is a simple one. You will feel the difference when you switch from US SPICA cams to Euro 10548's.
Ed Prytherch

·
Registered
32 Posts
alfaparticle said:
Mike:
You can discount my seat of pants impressions if you like but I am not exactly a novice.
I absolutely did not intend to say or infer that you were a novice. I am sorry if I came across that way. What I meant to say is I do not know how to interpret a stranger's seat of the pants impressions. However, I can interpret data. Once again, I am sorry if I appeared derogatory.

Mike

A

·
0 Posts
the different rear axle ratio's makes it a bit hard to judge the performance gains of the cams by comparing the road test times, all things being equal, shouldn't the US spec rear axle post quicker time to 60 and in the 1/4 mile ?

21 - 25 of 25 Posts