Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Go buy a Volvo, or a Saab,, or god help you,,, a Beemer.

See if it is more dependable, or affordable,,

Or even CLOSE to as Exciting as an Alfa,,,, !!!

I dare you !!!

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should sign off now, so I don't get Politically incorrect, but I just drove an 82 GTV6, with a 3.0, 124 miles through some sweet, twisty, back woods Maine roads,,,

And all cars, under $100K, pale by comparison,,,

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
People who drive slow white Spiders should complain..........They should sing "The Slow White Spider Blues" :D

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
The topic of Alfa GTV6/Milano vs 80's BMWs comes up a lot at my place. We have two said beemers, an 87' 535i, and an 86 325e. Overall, the Alfas are better, especially from a driving point of view. There are some good things about the BMWs. Everything you touch is a lot better, like door handles, seats, window switches, and the body and interior in general.

The main mechanical parts are another story, the Alfa engine suspension and brakes are better. Combined with the overall sound and feel of the car, it's just more fun to drive.

Greg

·
Registered
131 Posts
Anything older needs work, no matter the brand. Some people just don't get it, buy an "image" car and hit the reality wall hard!
Don't worry, they ***** and moan on the Volvo forums too!
"This (insert make/model) is so unreliable! I haven't spent a cent on regular maintenance or repairs in five years, and now I have to fork out $200 for a part! These (insert brand/model here) are so unreliable and badly built! And it's only gone 300k miles too!"

Regards, Andrew.

·
Premium Member
2,176 Posts
I should sign off now, so I don't get Politically incorrect, but I just drove an 82 GTV6, with a 3.0, 124 miles through some sweet, twisty, back woods Maine roads,,,

And all cars, under $100K, pale by comparison,,,
In general, I agree with you. But if you don't think there are other fun and comparable cars under $100k, you haven't driven an Elise..

bs

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I disagree under the same pretense as those men who can complain about their wives spending habits and still love them. LOL.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts