Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The arm that actuates the clutch master cylinder pushrod broke off the pivot shaft in the pedal assembly. I can't tell if had been welded, but, if so, it was done poorly. I need a new pedal assembly, or a suggestion as to how to re-build this one. The car is a 1986 Spider Veloce and the master cylinders are ATE if that makes a difference.
Thanks,
Jerry Shere

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I ordered just that item from Centerline Alfa Romeo in Boulder, CO along with a new rubber clutch hose. My clutch pedal kept moving toward the floor and, eventually, the clutch would not fully release. Then it sheared off completely as I was trying to bleed the system. This will prompt me to completely flush my hydraulics as well.
Jerry

·
Premium Member
3,533 Posts
Hi jshere,

See below for instructions on replacing the clutch pivot arm:

Thanks, I ordered just that item from Centerline Alfa Romeo in Boulder, CO along with a new rubber clutch hose. My clutch pedal kept moving toward the floor and, eventually, the clutch would not fully release. Then it sheared off completely as I was trying to bleed the system. This will prompt me to completely flush my hydraulics as well.
Jerry

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I completed the repairs and flushed all the hydraulics. The speed bleeders are terrific. The clutch works perfectly and the pedal is slightly above the brake pedal in true Alfa form. The Spider is back in action as my wife's daily driver.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts