Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, guys,

Has anybody scanned a 1974 GTV Owner's Manual? I like to keep on in my glove compartment, but hate to abuse a nice printed one that I have.

-Dima

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
I scanned one myself, but the file is huge . . . . like 300mb. I tried converting to jpg before converting to pdf, but the quality was unsatisfactory, so I just converted from bmp to pdf directly. Quality is good but the size is tremendous. Maybe someone can tell me how to compress the files better without loss of quality.

If you want, I can burn a disk and snail mail it to you.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I scanned one myself, but the file is huge . . . . like 300mb. I tried converting to jpg before converting to pdf, but the quality was unsatisfactory, so I just converted from bmp to pdf directly. Quality is good but the size is tremendous. Maybe someone can tell me how to compress the files better without loss of quality.

If you want, I can burn a disk and snail mail it to you.

Hi Roadtrip,

I would love to have a copy of it. Would it be possible for you to snail me a copy as well? Will cover you for the cost. Alternatively, have you tried www.yousendit.com for large files? Many thanks.

Cheers buddy.

[email protected]

·
Registered
157 Posts
Here you go fella's! :D

Over the years I've somehow managed to collect a small library of Alfa documentation in both print and electronic formats, so I don't mind sharing :).

It was a bugger to upload a file this size though, as the connection to the BB upload server kept timing out. Sixth time lucky!!

In return all I ask is that you take a look at my latest problem - here.
I need someone to tell me where I can find wheel center caps to fit Turbina's that for some reason have larger centers than most Turbinas?

Cheers from Oz!
-Col-

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Man, it is amazing how much you shall receive if you just ask :D.

-Dima

1 - 9 of 9 Posts