Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I change out the motor in the passenger window I thought I would pass this on to yall for suggestions:

Passenger window stopped working. Checked fuses all are good. Could it be anything else? The drivers side works however, when I raise or lower it the lights dim quite drastically. It makes me think there is a ground problem. Any suggestions?

Publio

·
Premium Member
2,811 Posts
Most power window issues are either a bad ground or window-track alignment related.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there one central ground for the windows? As far as track alignment, is there a guide to checking and correcting alignment?

Thanks
Publio

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Just to double check - you did try to see if the passenger window works by using the working switch from the driver's window, right?

Best regards,

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
Other thing is that there is a relay in the fuse box. I have had one work and the other not and changed the relay and both worked.

·
Premium Member
2,811 Posts
Stan makes a good point.
Can you hear anything? Either the relay or the motor straining?

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
The switches themselves, are are not the strongest part of the circuit.
They can be taken apart and cleaned.
Touch the wires on the back together and verify the switch.

jeff

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
checked and cleaned the switches. They are not in good shape. I'll have to buy new ones. I didn't hear any noises and the passenger window still does not work. I did find something interesting that fixed one problem and caused another. All of the grounds under the dash were screwed into the dashboard mounting bracket on the driver's side. I found the metal hard point more directly in front of the driver and attached them there. Now there is no more dimming when I hit the windows while the lights are on. Car seems to run stronger and has more power. However, now the windshield wipers no longer work. Any thoughts? Is there a way to test the window motor?

Publio

1 - 10 of 10 Posts