Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the Alfa for a little drive today and lowered the front passenger window. It went down fine. It started back up and stops about 5 inches from the top and the motor whirs.

Any idea?:confused:

·
Premium Member
26,914 Posts
Stripped gear in window regulator I suspect call Ed order new R/F window regulator assembly 60549184.

·
Premium Member
15,643 Posts
Try lubing the rear vertical track with silicone spray or whatever first. It may not fix anything, but these windows have a habit of sticking in the track as they come up, due to high friction. The window pane is pushed hard back against the track, and if not lubed, can actually stop the window and cause the gears to slip past each other, making bad noises.

Had this happen with my 94LS passenger window which I'm sure had very few ups and downs in it's lifetime. Thought for sure that the gears stripped as the window stopped cold and heard grating sounds, but after I lubed it with silicone spray, it works fine now. Gears were not stripped, but just popping past each other due to the very high drag.

Try it, can't hurt, may save you a lot of beer and pizza money.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the hint

If I get it passed a certain point the window works fine. I will try the spray silicon and hope.

Steve thanks for the part #. I will may use it (I hope not)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts