Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every single one I have (new) from multiple vendors has the wrong OD on the ball end of the spica throttle to bellcrank cable. Doesnt fit into the hole and thus cant wind onto the bellcrank. And, when it breaks, we are usually not in our garage - we are on the side of the road!. Such a simple dimension that no one seems to get right. I drilled out my bellcranks to accept 0.345 OD , but I'll wager a buck that the next batch I get comes in a .348 IRREGULAR. UGH.

·
Premium Member
4,548 Posts
Back in the day. You had to grind the ridge off the ball of the oem ones to get them to fit. I always had one already ground to fit in the glovebox and the 3 wrenches to change it with. Back in the 70's Alfa wanted them to be change every 50,000.

Also if yours breaks and all you have is dental floss. Tying the throttle open about 2800. Will get you home.

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Helped a guy one time when his broke — had my hockey skates in the trunk, took laces out, tied the laces together and thru the hole in bellcrank, ran other end into the cabin from pass side window. He could pull on the lace to rev it and limp home! I recall he had to go about 15 miles up 15 freeway — !!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts