Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I introduced myself I am working on an Alfa Giulia spider 1600 project.

As I couldn't identify all the parts yet, so I made a photo puzzle for the spider experts:wink2:; can anybody help me to identify these parts? See photos attached (with numbers) I already made a start:

1) windscreen rubber holders?
2) fuel tank retainers?
4) hose clip for air inlet? Or heater?
11) alternator bracket?
13) relay for…?
19) chassis plate or so? (can’t read anything on it anymore)
20) softtop frame brackets?
24) relay?
25) shiney plate with rubber? ( I have 2 of them)
28) brake booster parts; housing with diafragma looks missing? could this have worked with the 3 shoe front brakes system and does it add something?
30) brake master cilinder; what is missing and is it worth to restore? Piston is a bit pitted as well…
31) alloy strip; windscreen strip? Upper of lower one?
32) chrome strip; is it alfa and if so? Where is it used?

Thanks in advance already for thinking along! I really appreciate it!

Best regards,
Tom

Attachments

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Tom,

Have you seen the fantastic series of scans of the factory parts manuals posted online by a BB member here? In the absence of the genuine two-volume parts manuals, these scans should help you a lot.

Good luck with all the work and fun ahead of you!

Alex.

·
Registered
7,759 Posts
Tom, you really need a house call by someone familiar with the model. There is just too much going on here to advise without creating more confusion and frustration for you. An invitation with a cold beer and a sandwich at the end might get you your answers to this puzzle which I am sure is just the tip of the iceberg. All it would take for me is a good cigar.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Tom,

Do you know if the part mix you have pictured consists of parts for other Alfa makes than the 101 Giulia 1600?
I restored my 1600 Spider a couple of decades ago now so I´m not that sure about I still can identify all the parts, but think there are parts in your collection I never have seen before.

Dennis

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Can anyway help you with id-ing some of the parts:

1) Never seen these windscreen rubber holders, maybe they are missing on my car without me even knowing it (hapened with other parts before).

2) fuel tank retainers? Definately not the same as on my 1600 Spider and I know for a fact I have the correct ones.

4) hose clip for air inlet? Or heater? That´s correct, should be stamped with 80 something, 6 or 5? Dont remember any more

11) alternator bracket? Too long, should be much shorter for 101 1600

13) relay for…? Relais are very difficult to see here, you should specify with the designation combination that is printed on them.

20) softtop frame brackets? Lokks very much like the soft top brackets, but can´t confirm as my car is garaged 25 km from me.

25) shiney plate with rubber? ( I have 2 of them). Yep correct, they sit in the front upper edge of both doors as weather strips.

28) brake booster parts; these are definately not brake parts for a 101 1600

30) brake master cilinder; what is missing and is it worth to restore?
You´re missing the rubber bellows and fork for pushrod in the front (might still be laying in some part box). Check the inside if worth restoring, deep scratches or rust pits and you can probably forget it, unless sleeving it, but if smooth surface and the diameter is still as it should be, it´ll be easily restorable with just a new gasket set.

31) alloy strip; windscreen strip? Upper of lower one? Correct, lower one on the inside.

32) chrome strip; is it alfa and if so? Where is it used? Don´t recall having anything like these chrome strips on my car

Dennis

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
P.S.

You haven´t asked for ID of all the parts, so do you know what for exampel # 9 in your puzzle is? Have you this one and the others identified?

Sorry, some numbers are hard to see and it may be # 5 instead.....

Dennis

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies! Sorry for my late reply....

Beers are available for people who wants to come over and have a look! :)
I am registering for the Dutch Giulietta register, so will visit their meetings soon to check out other cars!

@ Dennis, I also believe I have gotten a few parts which don't belong to the car; only need to find out which one(s)!

@the photo; I had to resize it quite a lot so the quality is really low and the numbers badly readable. I need to identify all the parts of the photo... the numbers I mentioned I had a thought about only.... So if anybody has thoughts of the other numbers?

Regards Tom
PS Dennis; I might follow a master in Lund this Autum, that's quite near Malmo isnt it?

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
a Giulia 1600 would have had a generator, not an alternator.
#27 is a three hole starter shim for a 105/115 1750 or 2000 motor.
#10 is coil bracket (generic)
#23 is pair of front swaybar brackets for 105/115, don't know if they are applicable to 101.
looks like a bracket that hangs from the intake manifold of a 105/115 and provides a throttle pivot.
#21 ring is for the plastic radiator fan on a 105/115: bolt > ring > fan > waterpump.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Hi Tom,

Number 5 (or possibly 9) seems to be one of the bigger brackets attaching the tool roll/jack leather straps to the floor.

#21 is as rogerspeed says a metal ring to keep the plastic radiator fan in place and that most likely, 95%, also fits 101.

Don´t recognise any more parts in your pic as belonging to your car/101 Alfa.

Yes Tom, Lund is about 15 km from Malmö, so give us a shout if or when you land there.

Dennis

Attachments

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
P.S.

Number 13 and 24 are hardly discernible what they are, are they relays? If so, state their denominations so I can check in my parts book whether they belong to your car or not.

Dennis

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
P.P.S.

Number 1 seem indeed being the two windshield posts that I at first wasn´t convinced over they were (for 101 that is).

But you can easily check out if they fit or not on your car.

Dennis

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for thinking along,

This June I will continue with this project and will let you know how far I have come!

Thanks
Tom

1 - 13 of 13 Posts