Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 84 Spider Veloce and I would like to be able to get original part numbers for any part I'm looking for. Where can I get a complete comprehensive list?

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
There are original A/R parts books on Microfich converted to CD format. I got my copy from a fellow Alfa BB member. Unfortunately the quality is poor and a lot of the part numbers cannot be read. Someone will be able to direct you towards one of these CD copies. I can't remember who I got mine from. I do have an original Mitchells Body Shop manual on A/R spiders. It has good useful information on crash parts commonly needed by body shops back in the day when they could order all replacement parts from an A/D dealer. Remember A/R dealers????

One of the larger A/R owners clubs keeps a library of CDs in PDF format which you can go on line and download. I can't remember if you have to pay or this info is free.

Robert

·
Premium Member
1,578 Posts

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
If anyone wants a photo copy of the A/R section from the Mitchell Crash Manual I will be glad to make copies and send them out. Being very old fashioned, I prefer a paper copy as opposed to PDF or CD copies. When you look at a paper copy, you can see the quality of what you are getting.

Send me an email and I will make copies and mail them out. You will be held responsible for absolute cost only of copies and snail mail of copies to you

Robert Hill in Memphis, TN [email protected]

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Just wondering - are there any copyright issues?
Probably. If so, I guess I would get a cease and desist order if anyone felt strongly enough about it. But since it is for an obsolete car and they no longer list it in current publications, it hardly seems worthwile. And again, where are you going to order parts by the factory part number from? It is mostly interesting (to a very select few) but valueless information. There used to be people selling such copies on ebay.

But good thought, Robert

·
Registered
364 Posts
There's an company in Germany that has an interesting variation on what I assume was the original dealer catalog..
Their home page is
Alfa-Service
An example page (for breaks) is (note the prices!!!OMG)
Alfa-Service
I use it to see what fits where..
Good luck
Paul
89 Graduate

·
Registered
364 Posts
Kudos to AROC

I'd like to give a "thumbs-up" to the AROC.
I was not yet a member any they let me down load my owners manual amongst other pubs..
Grazie molto, AROC
Paul
89 Graduate

·
Registered
364 Posts
Oups,!
Just talked to Vicks and the numbers are their own..but you still get guidance on: pictures, unit assembly, and fit by year groups.
FYI
Paul

·
Premium Member
1,578 Posts
alfa-service .pdf catalog

I was fortunate enough to find microfiche cards containing the dealer parts manuals for the 1986, 1987 and 1990 Spider model years. Although my car is a 1988 model, the 86-87 exploded parts pages appear to be the same. Of course I also had to purchase an old microfiche reader from craigslist (for $40) but I am now able to look up the original AR part number for any item in my car (for whatever good that does me).

Before I managed to locate those nifty microfiche cards (got them from someone in the U.K.) I found this web catalog very helpful:

http://www.alfa-service.com/katalog/english/Spider_(105-115).pdf

The part numbers listed in this online catalog are the supplier's internal part numbers, and not the original alfa-romeo part numbers, but I found the exploded views and part names most helpful.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have an 84 spider veloce and I need to replace the rubber grommets that hold the air filter housing to the car body. Where can I get them and what are they called?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts