Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
At this point all this stuff is still on the car and in running condition.
The car is being turned into a race car so the following items will not be needed.
-1750 spica Engine "no spica" runs great, $3500.00
-Air filter canister and plenum is pending sale
-Brake booster $350.00
-Brake master cylinder $150.00
-Floor pedals assembly $175.00, Pending sale
-Glass, no windshield $offers?
-Non lsd diff, no calipers $100.00
All items would be free pick up or plus shipping.
Bob.

Attachments

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP,
16,232 Posts
I know a fellow Alfista who may be interested in the engine. Can you please post the engine number?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Papajam, good idea.
Engine # AR00548-54563
Here are a few things worth mentioning.
The engine is leaking some oil, I assume anyone installing would do the basic gaskets and seals.
The previous owner had the head gasket done by a reputable local Ferrari shop here in town a couple of years ago and has not been driven much since.
I took the car for a drive in the country a couple of weeks ago and it ran perfect.
Thanks,
Bob.

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
seems like a nice car.....to make into a race car. Early GTVs are rare, why drop the pedal assembly? They work well in race applications and changing to a hanging pedal assembly or to a 'Tilton' assembly will reduce the value of the car.

just my 2 cents....

·
16,232 Posts
Thanks for the info, Bob!
Another question if I may. Where on the engine is this number located?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Biscione,
Yes I agree with your 2 cents, it was a tough decision.
I've been wrong before, oh wait , I was just mistaken.
Bob.
Oops, I fogot to answer your question.
I am installing a Tilton partly because I had one already from another project and I have no spares for the floor pedal system.

·
16,232 Posts
The 56+k engine number and it's location on the left bellhousing flange indicate a late Series 1 engine (from early 1969). As an aside, I'd say that this engine was installed into this GTV at the factory.
Anyway, the hunt is on for an early Series 1 00548 engine with a very low serial number, that's located just aft of the distributor, suitable for an early 1968 production GTV.
Thanks for taking the time to answer these questions but unfortunately, your engine isn't the one we're looking for.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts