Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a rusty (from the top down since it was near the Atlantic) coupe. The lower body is good but has rust around the A pillars, windows and rear valance so only good for parts.
I drove it home and really only wanted the factory A/C out of it for my 16,000 mile '78. It has Cromodora Daytona wheels (4 wheels 14X6 22mm offset) a new 370mm Nardi wood wheel (probably a Torino with polished spokes) and a really nice redone black vinyl interior in the factory pattern and door panels good too. Gauges are good but dash is cracked. It also has the bronze tint windows since it was an A/C car and I can't see swapping all of mine out so those can go too. Gas tank looks good. The engine has a Spica Weber conversion with dual 40 DCOE carbs. There are probably some other parts worth saving as well but those are the big bits. I'm in Fort Lauderdale, Fl. If anyone is interested I'll post some pictures or PM me. I'm taking it apart and will send the shell to the recyclers.

Thanks,
Hampton

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No front spoilers. Rear deck metal is shot but rear window and trim is good. Car was originally white but repainted blue.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Yes, the front spoilers often fell victim to USA parking lot bump stops, curbs and culvert dips at DOT designed intersections.
Someone will definitely want the Cromodoras and the Webers.
Post in the Alfa BB classifieds.

-Clark

·
Registered
623 Posts
Any chance you have the steering rack, and do you know if it's manual? Is it in usable condition? Thanks.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I drove the car to my warehouse and the steering felt fine. It's a manual rack but I haven't pulled it yet since I still need to move the car around. I'm hoping to get further along after Christmas. PM if you're interested or need more info. Thx

·
Registered
623 Posts
Manual steering rack

Hi, sent you a PM about the rack. Just let me know if it's something you can part with whenever you're ready. Thanks.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Hi,

How bad is the dash?
How are the b-pillar lights and plastic fusebox cover?
How is the trunk carpeting? Do you have the plastic clips that hold it on to the rear bulkhead? How about the visor retaining clips?

I've foolishly put a lot into bodywork on my GT and am now looking for various plastic bits that failed...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Chris,

I'll take a picture of the dash this weekend. It has at least two cracks across the top. I'm going to keep the fusebox and wiring harness for the A/C. The B pillar lights came apart on removal and I think the visor clips are broken but I'll check. No trunk carpets or clips. I found some exact clip replacements from Hong Kong on eBay for my 78.

Thanks,
Hampton

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the seats, they were exactly what I was looking for. I was wondering how bad the rust could really be, until I saw the rust dust that was generated by pulling them out!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Alfetta GT Parts

I just bought a rusty (from the top down since it was near the Atlantic) coupe. The lower body is good but has rust around the A pillars, windows and rear valance so only good for parts.
I drove it home and really only wanted the factory A/C out of it for my 16,000 mile '78. It has Cromodora Daytona wheels (4 wheels 14X6 22mm offset) a new 370mm Nardi wood wheel (probably a Torino with polished spokes) and a really nice redone black vinyl interior in the factory pattern and door panels good too. Gauges are good but dash is cracked. It also has the bronze tint windows since it was an A/C car and I can't see swapping all of mine out so those can go too. Gas tank looks good. The engine has a Spica Weber conversion with dual 40 DCOE carbs. There are probably some other parts worth saving as well but those are the big bits. I'm in Fort Lauderdale, Fl. If anyone is interested I'll post some pictures or PM me. I'm taking it apart and will send the shell to the recyclers.

Thanks,
Hampton
Hi: I can use the front and rear brake calipers and clutch if they are in useable condition to swap with my 1976. Also, I can use the signal lights/housings under the front bumper. Please let me know.
Thanks!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hi there. Wondering if you have a hazard switch for me? It's the round push button type switch, fitted as standard to split binnacle dash cars. Desperately need one.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry, no hazard switch in the car when I bought it. I do have an extra round rear defog switch. Not sure if they are the same except for the pictograph. Is this the same as the round hazard switch on the mid 70's spider? That may be easier to find.

Hampton.

·
Registered
1987 Milano, 1986 Spider Veloce, 1977 Alfetta GTV Euro
90 Posts
Looking for center console and radio / ashtray surround. Thanks.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Send me a PM. Console is available and in good condition. I need to keep the radio/ashtray piece as it is different than the non a/c car.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
An update...most of the big parts, and some small have gone to good homes in California, Maryland, Kansas, Washington, and Malta(!). Thanks to all of you and I'm glad I could help with your cars, as well. I started the '78 this weekend for the first time since '93 and hope to have it on the road within the month.

As an aside...I was thinking that there should be a checkbox on our title/registration that states it is an "organ donor" so the car cannot just be crushed and sent to China, especially when it's an Alfa!

I remember some of the rare cars lost during the "cash for clunkers" program. That shouldn't be allowed again.

Hampton

1 - 20 of 27 Posts