Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am parting out a fairly decent 71 Spider that has significant underside rust damage. This is a slow process due to my other responsibilities, and I will be listing parts with photos and prices on my website as I get to it. I'm keeping the engine. Please contact my by email if you want more photos (don't know how to attach to PMs). PMs are fine if you just want info. My website is AutoLinc.US (note-not dot com). The direct link is Parts Inventory - AutoLinc : Sports & Classics - Powered by Phanfare

I also have Lancia Fulvia parts from a 1.3S, Porsche parts and various cars for sale, plus some interesting stories under CarNutzTales on the website.

Attached are photos of the '71 parts car - Happy Holidays

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Sir, Very interested in the rear bumper and hood. Shipping to 78154. Also a good grill if you have it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Prices too high?

I've had a fair amount of response but limited follow through. If you feel my price is too high, don't be shy about making an offer. Everything needs to go. I'll be adding photos and descriptions on my web site as parts come off.

Thanks,
George

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fronts are sold. Rear asking price is $550 including rubber strip and brackets, $600 with license plate lights. The bumper is in excellent condition. Go to my website - AutoLinc.US - under Parts Inventory to see photos. Make offer if you feel it's higher than you expected. A new repro is $850+ for the bare bumper.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Body parts

I am willing to cut out sections of the welded body panels, I'm not yet sure how, but I'll study it. The lower panel section below the bottom crease needs a patch panel. How much of the front do you want? Make an offer. Please email so I can send photos. [email protected],com

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I checked out the car today and I don't think it is practical to remove the fenders unless you are doing significant accident repair, especially if needing the inner panels too. The labor to separate the outer metal from the inner structure looks to be expensive. I have access to a professional auto recycling yard who could cut out whatever you need, but you would have to pay the labor charge, or come and do it yourself. I would sell each quarter on the car for $250 plus labor, or $800 for the complete shell,stripped of parts. The shell is really pretty good with just the sills, rear pan below the bumper, and fenders behind the front wheels below the bottom crease, needing replacement. This could be a good way to rescue a really rusted spider. Offers are invited.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I checked out the car today and I don't think it is practical to remove the fenders unless you are doing significant accident repair, especially if needing the inner panels too. The labor to separate the outer metal from the inner structure looks to be expensive. I have access to a professional auto recycling yard who could cut out whatever you need, but you would have to pay the labor charge, or come and do it yourself. I would sell each quarter on the car for $250 plus labor, or $800 for the complete shell,stripped of parts. The shell is really pretty good with just the sills, rear pan below the bumper, and fenders behind the front wheels below the bottom crease, needing replacement. This could be a good way to rescue a really rusted spider. Offers are invited.
Ok. Cool. I'll take pictures if what I need and see what the labor would be to cut it. Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts