Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1972 Alfa Romeo Spider
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I found one at a parts place for $25 plus shipping. Seems a bit steep for a used piece of plastic that Centerline sells new for $15 when in stock. Anyone have one for less?

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
The one Centerline had was an NOS one from a batch of NOS parts they picked up and not to be restocked. No one is remaking these to my knowledge so you're stuck with buying a used one or waiting for another NOS one to pop up. It would be a good project for someone to 3D print some.

·
Registered
1972 Alfa Romeo Spider
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I'll cough up the $25. Such a small item to de-rail a project car.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Glenn keep in mind the labour involved in selling you a low value which is more or less the same as for a high value part.

remove from car
clean
store in inventory for 40 years
retreive from inventory, some times the most time consuming part
clean off dust
communicate back and forth with buyer
find a suitable box and packing
determine ship cost.
spend time chasing buyer who quiety backed out, miss some other sales
box it up using tape that had to be purchased
make a label
take to shipper

at $25 you are being given the part. But this Alfa BB community likes to help each other.
BTW I such a part somewhere?

·
Registered
1972 Alfa Romeo Spider
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes. Very good points which the thrifty part of me sometimes forgets. Thanks for the reminder. I don't want to be one of those customers that sellers don't want to deal with because they are cheap.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Yes. Very good points which the thrifty part of me sometimes forgets. Thanks for the reminder. I don't want to be one of those customers that sellers don't want to deal with because they are cheap.
If I know right where something is it is easy and the rest goes with the territory of offering parts but sometimes the search is a killer, for me anyways. Others a better organized

good luck

Ken

·
Registered
9,260 Posts
Hi all,

Is this about part # 105.48.45.021.00/01

Thierry
depends there was the push in type, like centerline and here in Germany for instance, OKP
OKP GmbH

and the push in and twist quarter turn type, like here
alfa PN 60714503 or ATE PN 03.6197-0115.2

if it is leaking you could seal it, then simply put a 10$ non return valve in the booster vacuum hose
non return.jpg

·
Registered
1972 Alfa Romeo Spider
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did purchase one but did not know there were two types (push in and twist). I need the twist. I'll now have to wait until it arrives next week to see if it is the correct part or not. Thanks Zedsn - I'll let you know.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts