Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Just a note to up date all of you who were interested, The '60 Veloce Spider (ex Hurlock) has been sold. It will be returning to Europe soon.
Bill

Attachments

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I will add my 0.02 Lira's worth to Bill's posts... As a sedan owner with a '61 Series II Ti G.d in the collection alongside the Sprints & Spiders, I can truly appreciate the little jewel that is Bill's Series III Ti.

According to Fusi, page 859 Alfa's production numbers on the Giulietta variants were:

• 17096 Spiders & Spider Veloce's
  • 27142 Sprints and Sprint Veloce's
  • 39057 Berlina's
  • 92728 Ti's including the RHD & CKD
Ninety two thousand Ti's, they truly were the mainstay of Giulietta production, consider there were almost as many Berlina's made as Sprint & Spider variations combined... adding the Berlina & Ti variants together gives a total of 131783 sedans. So where are these one hundred and thirty one thousand sedans ?? Lost in the mists of time, rusted, abandoned and stripped for parts to build Sprints & Spiders. The Ti is the more powerful version with essentially the same mechanical spec as a Sprint or Spider Normale, albeit with slightly de-tuned cams for better low down torque - it was expected to carry Pappa, Mamma, Nonna & the bambini with all their luggage & at least 2 bottles of Chianti. It's essentially a Sprint with 4 doors, takes a vast amount of luggage in the trunk, ours has been on several Giulietta Tours, has taken myself & a friend 800 miles to a bike ride with 2 retro steel bikes in the back after taking the seat cushion out... we're going the same bike ride in March with the Ti again. Our dogs love driving to the beach in the Ti with a window for each of them to look out of. I use it... lots, girls want to go to proms in it, people stop me to take pictures, everyone waves... Sprints and Spiders are plentiful, try find a Ti.... now try find a good one, it took me 20 years to get ours (which when I finished rebuilding I promptly gave to my lovely wife, but that story was told in the Giuliettaletta at the time). Hoffman never brought them into the USA, missed opportunity back then, they are superb to drive with the excellent ride quality you would expect from a Giulietta.

Bill's one is simply superb, very original & sympathetically maintained by the Marque expert, the discerning buyer who adds this little jewel to their collection will be a fortunate Alfista indeed.

Ciao
Greig

No affiliation, not even on the same continent as Bill
I have never seen a Giulietta TI in Southern California. I know of one car that is owned by a friend of mine but, I have never seen the car. I recently restored a 101 SS, saw a light weight SV, restored my `1961 SV, restored two 750 Spiders, helping a friend restore his 1961 SV and worked on a 1961 SZ years ago. I remember years ago that Alfas and many other sports cars were cheap and that is why many were sent to the junkyard. I even threw away many 750 parts in the trash because no place to store them. I am going to rebuild all of my old engines and sell all of them.

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Andrew bought the '56 Berlina from me, along with all the parts I had for it. I believe he has sold it and it's now in LA being restored. I also once owned a '58 TI that had belonged to the Italian Consul in San Francisco. Of the 25 to 30 of them that are in the country, owning three Giulietta Berlinas and TIs has been a lot of fun.

I still have the TI and my '64 Spider for sale if there is interest. The Virus has certainly shut down old car driving oportunities. At least the Zombies haven't shown up yet! The Sport will come back when all this passes. Ths Shop is certainly busy right now.
Be well and be safe -
DSCN2620.jpeg
you all!
Bill Gillham
Jefferson Oregon

21 - 24 of 24 Posts