Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Although I have a 105, it appears that I have a parcel shelf that requires trim around the back edge. It was a hard to find a picture of it. I've attached images that I found through a search on Alfa BB. Does anyone have one for sale?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Elvizio shows this one.

·
Premium Member
3,002 Posts
I have the metal trim. Shipping is the bugger, I just sent a trim piece east and it was $30.00+$10.00 for a box. Where are you located?

·
But Mad North-Northwest
11,613 Posts
That extra shelf trim piece was apparently made of pressed cardboard on the later cars, so most have been destroyed by this point. This thread has some details and shows how I fixed the issue by adding an extra vinyl flap to the trim panel.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm currently in the process of fixing up the interior. Added extra vinyl to cover the gap. Used a bit of hose to wrap the extra vinyl around. This gave it a bit of height and the flat piece joining it to the main panel has 'give'. This way it fills the gap to the window and the height from the hose creates a nice transition to the window.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for the insight. My parcel shelf was custom sewn by a friend of mine. He did an amazing job. After all that work, I realized the piece must've come from a 115. Anyway, I tried to fill the void from underneath but it never looked right. I'll probably still need backing fabric underneath everything to mask out the body colour.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts