Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Been trying to remove my parcel shelf and something sticking it down. Have removed the four plastic studs under the rear 'cupboard', two studs at front of rear speakers, both rear seat belts and covers, as well as the plastic studs holding down the front of the rear shelf directly behind the rear seats - seats already removed.

Any suggestions as to what is keeping it in place? Any hidden screws or studs?

Thanks,

Richard

164 Super 1995 3.0 24v

·
Registered
292 Posts
Speakers?

On the '91-'93 12v cars, I believe that the speakers also need to come out, if I recall correctly. The grills simply pry/pull off, and you'll see four 7 or 8mm screws below, holding down each speaker.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Sorry, no other advice. Mine needs repair at the storage compartment. I thought about doing it in place, but if the whole shelf comes out somewhat easily, it would be better to deal with it that way. I haven't looked into it though.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry, no other advice. Mine needs repair at the storage compartment. I thought about doing it in place, but if the whole shelf comes out somewhat easily, it would be better to deal with it that way. I haven't looked into it though.
At least part of the issue are the plastic retaining studs which tend to break off. The rear storage compartment has four big ones - I broke at least two of these. Going to need to source new ones. Will let you know more when it's out. Still not been back to the vehicle yet.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
My experience with it is they are "permanently" installed. :001_unsure:
Charles

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Replacement plastic trim clips can be bought on ebay and other places for about 5p/5c each. Great! No need to try and not break them, as long as the trim is not damaged in the process.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts