Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD! Pair of Weber 40 DCOE 28 carbs for 1300 Guilia, Junior Super, etc

Pair of early Weber 40 DCOE 28 carbs in excellent condition. I believe they originally came on an 1.3 or 1.6 Alfa as OEM carbs.

Race prepped w/ 34 mm chokes

* starter choke passages tapped and plugged with grub screws (that's what the Brits call them...we call them set screws).
* starter choke mechanisms removed and replaced with blocking plates (no overflow fires!)
* blueprinted and smoothed auxiliary venturis
* throttle plate screws smoothed and silver soldered in place
* throttle plates silver soldered in place

These were the carbs I used on my GP VW Scirocco until I moved to FP and upsized to 45 DCOEs. The plastic jet covers are some type of phenolic pieces that are designed for some extra long/tall emulsion tube extenders (shown in pictures below), but can be replaced with standard jet covers. The original stud for the standard "mickey mouse ear" jet covers is still there.

Asking $500 for the carbs. I will include a set of main jets, air correctors, and emulsion tubes, assuming I have the size you want/need. Otherwise I'll send what are in them (125/180/F16). I also have the original starter/choke mechanisms if you want to unplug the starter circuit passages and use the choke mechanisms.

Also have a matching set of TWM full radius airhorns (4) to go with them. They are the shortest full radius horns TWM makes for the 40 DCOEs (35mm tall). $150 for the set

Or package deal for $600.

Also have an extra set of (4) 30mm chokes for 40 DCOEs - $50 if you buy the carbs.

E-mail if interested Scirocco14gp AT bellsouth DOT net.

Thanks for looking! I am a long-time SCCA racer, with a VW Scirocco. I have over 400 positive feedback ratings on Ebay (100%), and if you need a reference I can probably get you one from Peter Krause. In any case, I take Paypal.

Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
more pics

Here is one more picture, showing the emulsion tube extensions. They simply slide over the top of the emulsion tube and ride up inside the plastic housings. This prevents fuel from sloshing into the air corrector and flooding the carb under high g-loading, especially if you run a slightly higher float level.

Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
713 Posts
While my reference certainly cannot compare to Peters I am willing to vouch for you Mark:) And remember, if somebody buys only the carbs, I'll take the airhorns. Good Luck, Curtis

1 - 5 of 5 Posts