Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a pair of turn signal lenses for the 2000/2600 sprint. They are new old stock.

I bought these a couple of years ago from a BB member. I purchased them for my 1969 105 Berlina as they are the same shape and size. But the difference is in the writing that is molded on the lens. Since the sprint turn signal sits on top of the bumper the writing is right side up. On a Berlina or GTV the writing would be upside down. They also carry a slightly different Carello part number on them then the 105 ones have. These have 717 as the last 3 digits of the part number. The 105 ones carry 716 as the last three digits.

I recently picked a correct pair of NOS ones for my 105 Berlina. So I'm selling these.

I looked on OKP in Germany and the picture of the reproduction ones there selling are for the 2000/2600 sprint have the 105 Berlina and GTV 716 part number.

I'm asking 150.00 or best offer. Buyer pays shipping. I will ship internationally. I only charge actual shipping cost.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ttt

·
Registered
308 Posts
Hi Jim and all,

The story of these Carello lights, with all their applications, is rather complicated and not an Alfa exclusive story.
Uncoloured lenses seem to have number 716, ... 717 would stand for orange lenses.
The complexity lies in the fact that there were front and rear lights, L and R side lights, in hanging and standing positions, with uncoloured or orange lenses and with 1 or 2 functions (unipolar: direction indicator only, parking light only, reversing light only, but also a bipolar combination of the direction indicator + parking light was possible).
Depending on the function and position of the lights, the housings, lenses, lamps and gaskets could be different.
When the unipolar housing was used as turn signal function , the parking light was most of the time located in the 7 inch main head light unit. ( f.i. in the German market)

When looking for the lenses be aware that there were many different Carello numbers on the lenses to cover all these combinations. I counted 10 different Carello numbers on lenses from this model up to now.

About your lenses:

Your lenses 16.535.717 and probably 16.534.717 when I read it correctly on your pictures, do fit the 2000 and 2600 Alfa sprints indeed. ( Front, L + R, standing on top of the bumper)
Good to know, as they are orange (717), is that they were intentionally made for the German and UK market, but when checking those numbers in the Carello catalog I noticed that these lenses were also approved for the USA. I don't know whether the orange lenses were common in the US.

According to the catalogs, your lenses would be for the (standing) unipolar housing version ( turn signal function) but with a little luck they could fit also the (standing) bipolar housing version of the indicator + parking light combination as used also on many 2000 or 2600 sprints . (I personally have not checked if they fit both types of housing !)

During that periode and some years later, other Italian and also German cars used these lights in one of the above mentioned combinations at some point. Beside the 2000 and 2600 Alfa Sprint, there were also: Alfa 105 spider (reversing light), Iso Grifo, Ghia Mangusta, Bmw 3200, Glas 1300 GT, Ferrari 330 and 365, Fiat 850 and 124, Lancia Fulvia USA, Siata Spring and maybe other cars...

Regards,

Thierry

·
Premium Member
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Open to offers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts