Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone recommend a good guy to use to remove a door ding or 2 on my 92 spider veloce in the NYC area?

thanks

·
Registered
532 Posts
I'd find a local high-end car dealer, go to their pre-owned section, and ask who they're using to spiff up the trade-ins. I've seen the paintless dent removal guys several times at Tampa BMW/Porsche/Volvo/MBZ dealerships during weekday hours. One guy I spoke to said he didn't like to do cars over 5 years old, or that had been repainted, due to the risk of paint peeling during the repair process.

·
Registered
517 Posts
There is a guy on Long Island that fixed the "Multi-Hit Taxi Scrape" on my wife's Volvo XC. I watched him do it, and he is truly a wizard. He lives mid-island, If you want, I'll see if I can get his number for you.

Having said that, I can't believe that you couldn't find a guy in the city through one of the dealers or body shops as dwc says. There has to be a lot of demand for their services.

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
When I bought (new) my Jeep Cherokee, there was a slight ding in one of the doors. While totally pissed & thinking the "painless dent removal" that the dealer arranged wasn't going to work, it did - and that was 10 yrs ago. It was thru Westbury Jeep and while it probably now isn't he same guy, I'll call if you want and see who they use.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts