Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I originally had my Panasports painted wrinkle finish black. They started to peel, so my Pop stripped the wrinkle finish and painted them. Now that's starting to look a little yucky.

I plan on having someone professionally polish them when I have enough money, but in the meantime, I would like to repaint them gold. What paint should I use?

I believe I have some pics of the wheels on here that I posted years ago, I'll try to find them and/or take some new ones to show everyone.

Thanx!

Jay Hiram

edit: here are some pix

http://alfabb.com/bb/forums/showthread.php?t=5890&highlight=high_ram

·
Premium Member
5,474 Posts
My suggestion would be to powdercoat them. Done properly, the coating is very durable. There are a variety of colors. Mask off the rims and then polish them. You can obviously pay someone or you can buy a cheap gun from harbor freight and using an old kitchen oven you'll be in business. The results are the same and powdercoating is actually quite easy and foolproof.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Powdercoating is the way to go. I had my Simmons 16 x 7 wheels powdercoated, and it only cost $35 per wheel. Far more durable than paint and, as mentioned before can be done in a variety of colors. Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
207 Posts
A good powedercoating shop should be able to polish the lip for you. I've had several 4 and 6 cyl. cam covers done in red or silver, and then had the ridges polished. It costs a little extra for that, but it does look good. Steve

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts