Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1978 Spider 1984 Spider
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been rebuilding some of my lights...well really just cleaning them up and gluing, epoxying and replacing all the broken mounts and studs.

On the side lights...at least my front ones...the outer body that holds the light in the fender...the chrome plating has seen better days...it's pretty dull (the one i pictured is the rear in better shape).

has anyone painted the lens housings body color? Pictures? Or does it just look even crappier?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
I saw a GTV6 that had painted side markers - looked terrible in my opinion. These are available new, and NOS ones show up on ebay occasionally. All four are different though, so you need to make sure you don't buy the same one twice.

·
Registered
1978 Spider 1984 Spider
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All 4? I can see that left and right are different. I haven't messed with the front ones yet but assumed they are mirror images of the rear...right rear swaps with left front...but I guess not?

The rear ones are ok but the fronts are loosing their shine. New ones probably aren't cheap...seems to be same ones as Ferrari Daytona?

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
All 4? I can see that left and right are different. I haven't messed with the front ones yet but assumed they are mirror images of the rear...right rear swaps with left front...but I guess not?
It would be logical to think that they were a mirror image but they're actually angled differently side to side and back to front to fit the curves of the body. Here's are the part numbers from the parts catalog. Mr Fiat has them, not cheap as you said, other vendors might as well (maybe DiFatta, Jon Normal?). With some patience you can probably find NOS ones for the same or less.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Lots like you can order each housing individually from OKP Suchergebnisse

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Depends what color.I used a dark metallic gray to match my bumpers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts