Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm really thinking of having my new '74 Spider resprayed as the paint is a bit rougher than I would've liked... I'm thinking of just doing the exterior panels so I can leave the original stickers and such in tact.

Any good recommendations for this? I don't want to pay a ton as I'm not going for a concourse car with this.

Thanks!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Jeff, Your spider is pretty rust free and straight. Just a simple enamel job should do. You will not need the jams trunk or under the hood done. I would buy the better paint that they offer. There must be some Alfa folks in the Denver area that could rec. someone or some place that has done a nice job on there Alfa. Some guys will save a few bucks by removing the bumpers, taillights, headlights, wipers, and reflectors. Most of those guys have a trailer though.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I plan to remove everything myself in my garage. It is fairly rust free but I found some bubbles on the passengers rocker panel that disturb me. I also found a few holes under the passengers rear floor that need to be patched. I do agree on painting everything but the jams etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts