Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the proud new owner of a 1974 GTV that is currently, and badly, painted red. The original color was a blue of some sort, but I'm having trouble figuring out which one. I think it's either French or Le Mans.

I have looked around on the car for the original paint tag, but I have not been able to find one. Any thoughts on where it light be located?

I think I'd like to return the car to its original color eventually, but I'm not sure I'd want to drive a LeMans blue car. Do Alfisti scoff at cars and owners that paint their cars non-original colors?

I am right now scoffing at the guy who painted this car red, and in the same breath thinking of painting it a non-original blue.

Thoughts?

-Matt

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Matt

On my 71' GTV there is a sticker on the inside of the trunk lid which notes the paint color. Your's may be missing but an email to Marco at Alfa will clarify you car color, interior color, build date etc.

Here is Marco's email he in the Documentation Department

[email protected]

Changing color depends to a certain extent to your choice and a desire to keep the car original which when selling may appeal to a buyer looking for originality.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found it. Exactly where it is supposed to be. Not as obvious when covered in red paint. Also tough to remove paint and not the text on the tag.

Thanks everyone

Azzurro Le Mans it is...

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts