Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help with oxygen sensor wiring. I have a '87 Bosch injected Spider that the rodents have chewed the leads. I bought a new sensor with 3 wires in, a grey, red, and black. The old sensor has 2 white and 1 black wires. I assume that the black will go with black but I'm not sure if there is a difference with the two white wires.

Any help is appreciated.

Bill

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
2 of the wires will be for the heater circuit and the other will be for the sensor's signal.

I looked in my old Haynes workshop manual, but the Motronic wiring diagram didn't even include any O2 sensor wiring.................

Definitely make sure you know which wire is which. The heater circuit should be able to be wired either way (not polarity conscious), but if you get it wrong and send 12 volts to down the sensor signal line................ :oops:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
O2 sensor Wiring

Thanks for the reply and the hint about the "heater" circuit. The existing sensor has very low resistance across the white wires; black wire is "open". New sensor has low resistance across red/black wires; so I guess the grey wire is the signal wire.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts