Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am replacing the fan and shroud, but the air filter housing is in the way.

Does the cable to the oxygen sensor detach easily, or should I just gently move the air filter housing out of the way while I work?

Thanks!
-Phil

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
Oxygen sensor on the air filter housing?

I'm gonna take a reach here and guess that you're dealing with either a series 3 or series 4 EFI spider.

The oxygen sensor is in the exhaust system, under the car, in front of the catylitic converter.

What you're looking at on the filter box is the air flow meter. (big aluminum thing with a black plastic square thing on top and a single chunk of harness going to it with a wide plug)

Yes, that unplugs pretty easily, and can be unplugged to get the top of the box out of your road.

Removing the bottom of the box is optional, and it's retained by 3 bolts.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

I just clipped the wire tie and moved it. I think the three bolts holding the bottom of the filter housing is going to be the easiest part of the job.

Good to know that that cable can come off, though.

-Phil

BTW, this is the first real job I am doing under the hood, so I am a little apprehensive. I apreciate the help, and any prayers you can send my way!

·
Registered
520 Posts
if your going to disconnect any bosch sensors, best to disconnect the battery before doing so.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts