·
Premium Member
4,726 Posts
Try this link.

·
Registered
7,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello, I tried your link and it would not work for me. I am very interested in your brass OVS and would like to purchase. Please help me out . [email protected]. I do PayPal.
Thanks,
Mike.
AlaskanAlfa
This should also fit/work in the 1750 cars.
Perfect .. they are the oldest for sure.... and probably longer toothed in rot and disfunction

·
Registered
7,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just so you trollers know .. many of you don't have Spiders and I started this enterprise on that forum... ALL UPDATES ON THE SUBJECT INCLUDING AVAILABLILTY, TEST MARKET FEEDBACK AND THE STATUS OF THE QUEUE will be posted almost daily on the following FORUM. Use it to order and keep track of the latest happenings. AND PLACE YOU INQUIRIES AND ORDERS THERE Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
Uncle,

I don't have car that could use this brass beauty, but this appears to be one of those, "Ah-ha" gadgets, the sales of which could just get out of hand!

Proprio ingenioso👍

Gotta love all Alfa parts made out of shiny brass!

Raimondo

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
I'm thinking of buying one just as a piece of Alfa art! Buffed to the hilt, of course 😄

Reactions: Ragnomaniac

·
Registered
32 Posts
Richard, take a breath. You‘ve come up with a sorely needed produce. Don’t let it overwhelm you. It sounds like your idea is a great success. We will all wait you to manufacture it. Take your time. We realize it takes time
Respectfully,
Mike
AlaskanAlfa

·
Premium Member
4,726 Posts
I'm thinking of buying one just as a piece of Alfa art! Buffed to the hilt, of course 😄
Chrome plated would look nice also.

·
Registered
7,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I installed this one a few years ago. It works fine. I had to modify the Alfa oil separator bracket to accommodate the diameter of this one.

View attachment 1635164

This what I have to empty from the oil catch can at every oil change. This particular catch can can hold circa 250 mL. Because I change my engine oil every 4K miles I've never come close to filling it.

With the factor original oil separator I think the water along with the oil was drained to the oil pan.
I think the original Alfa design ( and many Diesel applications) the idea is the oil is separated from the water (in vapor form ) and the oil is the only by-product in the OVS that is fed back to the sump. The suspended water and other components of the blow-by gas, as minute as they are, get fed back into the combustion cycle through the air filter with most of those components ending out the the exhaust pipe as a result of the combustion process. Understand the gases recovered in the OVS are a very small fraction of what is going on in your combustion chambers. Blow-by in simple terms is nothing more than exhaust gases that leak below the combustion (4 cylinder) chambers. Worn piston rings worsens the condition. Blow-by is a function associated with all piston driven engines. By separating the oil from the other by-products of combustion, the OVS was the first step in a long list of operational functions associated with cleaning the air and making engines cleaner and extending their lives.. That's why you can run a set of Spark plugs on new cars for 100,000 miles today and the catalytic converters were added to capture all the other bad gremlins before they existed to exhaust pipe.

Sorry to pontificate .. I'm no engineer. I thought I would share my understanding of the subject.

·
Premium Member
4,726 Posts
It also had to do with emissions. To keep oil from going into the cylinder and being burned. It worked well.

But in 1990 on the motronic injected cars. Alfa had to add valve stem seals on the exhaust valves to eliminate the very small amount that would leak by.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts