Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Just purchased a 94 Spider Veloce CE; great on the highway but overheats in traffic; the electric fans do not turn on. I was wondering if there a fuse?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
16,437 Posts
Congrats on the car. I've always admired the styling of the last US delivery Spiders.

Could be a fuse or a relay gone bad.

Now that you are a new owner, peruse the owner's manual for a list and diagram for fuses around the car. Never hurts to read the owners manual, lol. I read through the ones for my Alfas about once a year, always finding something new it seems.

Also, owners of Alfas found that doing a general Google search can give you the information you may need. Many BB posts are easily found in such a search. Try "1994 Alfa Spider fan fuse" to see pictures/diagrams of the fuse arrangements, and discussion posts on the subject.

I'm sure owners of these spiders will help you. The above is just a general comment to get you started poking around in your new car, something you will have to do anyway if you want to keep the car up. Not a Toyota Camry, lol.

Have fun.

·
But Mad North-Northwest
11,265 Posts
There is a relay with a 30A fuse in it in the fuse box. It can overheat and melt and then no fans.

Alternatively the temperature switch at the right side of the radiator may be bad.

·
But Mad North-Northwest
11,265 Posts
Found my diagram. When you flip the fusebox down, the relay should be top row, second from the left.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Del, Thank you for your reply. I also tested the heater and not getting any heat. I'm checking online (great resources) and will replace all the fuses etc to be on the safe side. I'm ordering a shop repair manual. A lot easier to work on than my 993.
Cheers,
Stewart

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
perhaps the thermostatic sensor in the radiator wich comands the fan has gone bad, jump the wires of that sensor to each other to see if the fan goes on with KOEO (Key On Engine Off), if on that sensor is the culprit, if not going on the problem is something else (fuse, relay, bad conection, etc....)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts